Following stupid lawsuits, I present to you: Stupid laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following stupid lawsuits, I present to you: Stupid laws

After my thread on frivolous laws suits, I did a search on the web for stupid laws and such. Here is what I found. Some of those are hilarious:

In Clarendon, TX., it is illegal to dust any public building with a feather duster.....

In Borger, TX., it is against the law to throw confetti, rubber balls, feather dusters, whips or quirts (riding crop), and explosive firecrackers of any kind.

Portland, ME., makes it illegal to tickle a girl under the chin with a feather duster.

Georgia law provides that it is a misdemeanor for any citizen to attend church worship on Sunday unless he is equipped with a rifle and it is loaded.

It is contrary to Pennsylvania law to discharge a gun, cannon, revolver or other explosive weapon at a wedding.

In Racine, WS., it is illegal to wake a fireman when he is asleep.

In Fort Madison, IA., the fire department is required to practice fire fighting for fifteen minutes before attending a fire.

A Chicago law forbids eating in a place that is on fire.

San Francisco prohibits elephants from strolling down Market Street unless they are on a leash.

In Normal, IL., it is against the law to make faces at dogs.

Hartford, CT., makes it illegal to educate dogs.

A Belvedere, CA., City Council order reads: "No dog shall be in a public place without its master on a leash."

In Paulding, OH., a policeman may bite a dog to quiet him.

A law passed in Denver says that the dog catcher must notify dogs of impounding by posting, for three consecutive days, a notice on a tree in the city park and along a public road running through said park.

In Tennessee, you can't shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile.

In Cleveland, it is illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.

Kansas law prohibits shooting rabbits from a motorboat.

Los Angeles law forbids hunting moths under a street light.

Atlanta makes it against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.

Texas law says that one must notify their victim 24 hours in advance of murdering or robbing them

Pennsylvania law states..."If you are driving your car and you encounter a group of wild horses, you must pull over and cover your car with a camouflage tarp (not sure about the spelling for camouflage). If the horses seem nervous you disassemble your car piece by piece and hide it in a ditch.

In Macomb Illinois it is illegal to drive a car that is shaped like a wolverine

In Salt Lake City, it's legal to have a gunfight in downtown at high noon as long as you give the sheriff written notification 24 hours in advance.

It's illegal to have sex with a virgin in Washington State.

Wow. I cant beleive some these laws still stand today...They should do a recap or something, even if they're not applied. Someone could try to use it to file frivolous law suits or even use them at their own advantage.

Spec.

Spec.
    Last edited by Spec; October 30, 2003, 16:59.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Calling Slowwhand. Calling Slowwhand.

Actually, we had one of these therads just a little while ago. Maybe you should do a search on it.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Here's the old thread about this:

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Texas law says that one must notify their victim 24 hours in advance of murdering or robbing them

Doesn't surprise me

Comment

Georgia law provides that it is a misdemeanor for any citizen to attend church worship on Sunday unless he is equipped with a rifle and it is loaded.

How would they enforce such a law? Provide guns to those without?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

These look incredibly unrealistic, spam-email type variety. I'd like to see cites .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: Following stupid lawsuits, I present to you: Stupid laws

Originally posted by Spec
              It's illegal to have sex with a virgin in Washington State.
              Was this law made to see if they could insure none of those "Washington State" people would survive more generations?
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Ah, more email forward list jokes presented as fact. Just like that "swallowing spunk protects women against breast cancer" one that some major news agencies even fell for.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

In Normal, IL., it is against the law to make faces at dogs.

Reminds me of my childhood. I always used to make faces at my grandmother's dog, just to piss it off
                  The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

We have some crackers here...did you know that it is still legal to shoot a Welshman with a bow and arrow from the walls of Chester?
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

URL Prov?
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I'm not at all 'L' Bodds
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

In Tennessee, you can't shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile.
                          There just isn't any sport in whale hunting unless you do it by car!
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                          X