Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think McDonalds new "urban look" commercials are incredibly racist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently, pidgin English is the new trend in advertising these days.

Applebees - Eatin' good in the neighborhood, McDonalds and a few others I 've heard.
    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

mcdonalds suck and this advert has succeeded in convincing me further of the strength of my position.
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

they're trying too hard. that's all it is.
        B♭3

Comment

Re: Anyone else think McDonalds new "urban look" commercials are incredibly racist

Nope.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
            just some weird people who can't stop eating mcdonalds and act like weirdos
            I don't know why, but I found it really funny that Speer says something like this.

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I would say that it is more an example of how incompetent American advertising is becoming. Used to look forward to the Superbowl commercials, but now we're back to looking forward more to the football than the lame advertising attempts.

Comment

as i work at a mcdonalds, i saw a little booklet about this new advertising campaign and since i rememebred this thread, i read it... apparently, the whole "I'm Lovin' It" **** started at mcdonalds in Munich, Germany and then spread to the US
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                  i don't find them racist. i do think, though, that they're trying wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too hard for their own good, to get a specific market while simultaneously pushing other markets away. not everybody likes hip-hop.
                  Nobody likes their hip hop. I'm offended that you implied that hip hop fans might like the commercial.

I think its stupid that they're trying to be more "hip" by acting more "black." I can't believe I'm saying this, but they really are.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

what about the Vanilla Pepsi ads... or that Verizon Mobile Phone ad where the guy is saying, "Can you hear me now?" while a black woman sings on the steps of a rowhome...
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                      what about the Vanilla Pepsi ads... or that Verizon Mobile Phone ad where the guy is saying, "Can you hear me now?" while a black woman sings on the steps of a rowhome...
                      Vanilla Pepsi ad is kind of racist. I can't really explain why though. Haven't seen that Verizon commercial.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Makes me glad I haven't owned a TV in years. :smug look:
                        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

The only McD's adverts I'm seeing are for their new salad range.

Hungry Jacks (BK) adverts use a rip off of Eminem though.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I really should try that, but I love the Simpsons too much. And my parents love Law and Order, Law and Order SVU, Law and Order Criminal Intent, Law and Order Crime and Punishment, Law and Order Return of the Jedi, Law and Order The Lost World, Law and Order: An International Affair, etc. too much. Also CSI and clones.

edit: was an X-post with post above me.

Comment

Nobody likes their hip hop. I'm offended that you implied that hip hop fans might like the commercial.

eh? how did you get that from what i wrote? if anything, my meaning is that the mcd commercials are so blatantly obvious in trying to get one slice of the market, that not only does it push several other sectors, particularly those with no interest in hip-hop, away, but that it fails miserably in trying to bring in the market that they wanted.

the ads sound like they were dreamed up by a bunch of honkies in suits trying way too hard to be "hip" and cool in regards to a market/culture that it does not understand in the least--which makes it all the more pitiful, annoying, and useless.
                              B♭3

Comment

Law and Order Return of the Jedi,

What would that involve? Would you have the Emperor as the Judge, and the Prosecutor be Darth Vader, and Luke as the Defendent?
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X