Originally posted by mrmitchell
It ain't the game
It's the parents
It ain't the game
It's the parents
Well thank goodness for POTM - what the hell was I supposed to do - go over there with her, and see what games were played? what were present? Tell the other parents (themselves busy people, who probably decided they had to choose their battles and werent going to fight their son on this one - that my daughter couldnt go over there cause they had Vice City) . All the "its the parents" comments strike me as coming from another planet - probably the planet of the childless
Note this does not mean I believe these games cause violence. I dont know. The fact that Japan has lots of violent video games but little gun violence strikes me as a relevant fact. But it also strikes me that alot of the defence of these games is as reflexive as the attack on them.
BTW, isn't Vice City rated for mature audiences?
Thanks!
)
Comment