Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Er don't know if you guys are the best to ask about this, lol..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Er don't know if you guys are the best to ask about this, lol..

Our uni is doing some tacky "traffic light" party thing tomorrow. Already got a ticket cos some fine friends are going and I'm single at the moment. You wear green if you're single, amber if you're just looking, and red if you're unavailable. Um, don't have any amber or green in my wardrobe...

Anyway, also going on is some "Speed Dating". You get 3 minutes (I think) with girls and then you find out matches after.

What are your tips? It'd be easy to do the ****e "what course are you doing" bollocks, but if anyone has done it before, have you any tips to make the evning a bit more fun and interesting?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Perhaps the lack of green clothing is God trying to send you a message.
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Prognosis

You're going to die, man

Jon Miller

Comment

nice concept.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

I don't understand the difference between green and amber. If you're "just looking", is green a desperation plea: PLEASE ANYONE DATE ME NOW

Whatever you do, don't wear green

Comment

That's what I was thinking, knowing the way women work. Actually, I'd have to buy something to go in either green or amber, so might as well just wear red.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

"I'm wearing red because I'm unavailable to everyone else..."
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

wear pink

Comment

I'd wear something with all 3 shades; says "I'm easy".
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Then you won't be approached, and will make things uncomfortable when approaching. Have fun

Comment

I'd wear something with all 3 shades; says "I'm easy".
                      says "mixed signals"
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Go naked.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Wear black and aim to get all three colours inside you by the end of the evening.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                            I don't understand the difference between green and amber. If you're "just looking", is green a desperation plea: PLEASE ANYONE DATE ME NOW

Whatever you do, don't wear green
                            Zylka is right.

Go Red.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

I also don't understand the difference in Green and amber . . . Is amber " I am in a relationship but will go for it if someone better comes along"

AS for speed dating, its something I thought would be fun if I were ever single. I really think in the speed dating thing your only goal is to get a regular date with any of the people that interest you and that this will occur if you a) are physically attractive to them b) You Don't act like a doofus...

People want to give people they think are cute a chance so my advice is don't go crazy trying to knock their socks off ( many such attempts fall flat)-- If you are NORMAL, polite and can carry on a converstaion, you're in.

The " what course are you taking?" line might seem unoriginal but it does get you talking and is pretty safe . ..

Seriously, even in regular dating I think the idea of "lines" or methods are doomed to spectacular failure more often than they succeed. I found that simply being straightforward, honest and pretty conservative in my approach WORKED time after time.

Bottom line -- if they like your look and don't think you are weird, you should get that date. If they think you are fugly, well you never really had a chance.
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                              X