One Hundred Fifty Billion Dollars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What $87 Billion looks like: http://www.crunchweb.net/87billion/

With Bush's proposed $166 Billion at the bottom of the page.

edit for the lazy:
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
      thats like conquering another civilization in CIV2, buying all of the city inprovements up to the modern times and then moving the troops out so they can have it back!
      I've done that.

Except for culture generators, of course.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Our national budget is like 4 billion dollars, a year.

Well, come on, Iraq does have to be rebuilt, doesn't it? There are people there, and millions of them - and they all deserve to live in a decent country with access to everything that civilized people have access to. They don't deserve to live in a ruined country, do they?
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          I wonder why I have this feeling: "The bigest problem to the US is the Bush administration...."

Probably because you're a stupid foreigner who knows jack **** about America.
          That's funny, cause I happen to agree with him
          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

The Emperor Fabulous - proves half his point!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
              I wonder why I have this feeling: "The bigest problem to the US is the Bush administration...."

Probably because you're a stupid foreigner who knows jack **** about America.
              Um.. what is the biggest problem then?
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Some things to point out.

(1) The $150B figure is $125 for the military and $25 for reconstruction;
                (2) The vast majority of the $150B goes to Americans, creating jobs for Americans in the process;
                (3) $150B is not much money to fight a war with our standing, professional army;
                (4) Our military is being modernized in the process;
                (5) We have been spending money, time and potential lives bombing Iraq for 12 years prior, which will cease; and
                (6) This expense is non-recurring.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                  Um.. what is the biggest problem then?
                  A helicopter shortage

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                    Our national budget is like 4 billion dollars, a year.

Well, come on, Iraq does have to be rebuilt, doesn't it? There are people there, and millions of them - and they all deserve to live in a decent country with access to everything that civilized people have access to. They don't deserve to live in a ruined country, do they?
                    That's the problem. Wolfowitz and gang got up before Senate and gushed about how much of this would be self-financed through oil revenues. And none of it is in the form of loans, which it should be.
                    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                      The Emperor Fabulous - proves half his point!
                      I'm neither a foreigner nor do I fall into the "knows jack **** about america" category
                      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Half right.

Comment

if he didn't send any money, everyone would moan that he isn't doing enough to help the iraqi's reconstruct
                          eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

mmm, oh so high-and-mighty skywalker, allow me to bow to your omnipotent presence

[/sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
                              if he didn't send any money, everyone would moan that he isn't doing enough to help the iraqi's reconstruct
                              Different people are opposed for different reasons. But apparently (If DanS is to be believed) barely any of it is actually going to Iraq anyways.
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld

Different people are opposed for different reasons. But apparently (If DanS is to be believed) barely any of it is actually going to Iraq anyways.
                                that is the problem in iraq right now. The US needs more troops and needs to start sending in private reconstruction companies, who also take in their own security firms
                                eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Working...
                                X