Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q. Tarrantino's "Kill Bill"- Good or Stinker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q. Tarrantino's "Kill Bill"- Good or Stinker?

Having loved both Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown, I was naturally excited about Q. Tarrantino putting out a new flick. I haven't seen it yet, but from the previews I have seen it looks to be a little bit on the mindless side. It also saddens me to see Uma Thurman fall from being the raven-haired beauty on the cover of Pulp Fiction to the ghastly, anorexic-looking beast that we see today.

What are Apolyton's thoughts?
    Last edited by monkspider; October 9, 2003, 04:26.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

BTW, the idea to split this movie into two parts is incredibly horrible. I will still hand over my five bucks on Friday though.

Comment

I thought it was awesome.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

You've seen it already?

Comment

No, just trying to make conversation.

It won't be out here for a couple weeks.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

From the trailers it looks and bad kung-fu movie and I don't even like the good ones.
            Me tinks I'll catch on the tele someday.

Jackie Brown

Great movie, not really very known , 'cause it is really good
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I didn't like Jackie Brown at all, to be honest, and I'm a huge Tarantino fan.

Kill Bill doesn't look very good, I'm not optimistic, but I'll watch it anyway and I hope it suprises me.

It's supposed to be a mindless kung-fu movie - Tarantino loves all that chop-suey Hong Kong stuff - but that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. If the fight scenes are fun/exciting and it has a few sections of golden Tarantino dialogue then it might be worth the price of entry.

I don't really understand the rationale behind splitting it into two parts. Perhaps it'll become clearer after watching it.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

He's got some really good stunt co-ordinators in to do the kung-fu. Which means the action should be great. I love kung-fu so I'll go and see it.

Split in 2 because otherwise it'd be 3 hours and they didn't think the public could handle it.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

I guess the thinking went more like: If you can charge them twice why do it only once?
                  If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

I don't like Jackie Brown.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I love kung fu too so I'm going. Not on the first weekend, because the Leeds Film Festival have got some good kung fu films on this weekend and I am an infrequent visitor to cinemas at the best of times, but I'll go once the hype has subsided.

As long as it is better than From Dusk 'Til Dawn then it's can't be all bad.

Comment

You forgot Reservoir Dogs!

I will be seeing it (it won't be here for more than a month though).

But um... Jonathan Ross likes it, so it must be good.
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

True Romance is the best thing he's ever done, IMO.
                          Life and death is a grave matter;
                          all things pass quickly away.
                          Each of you must be completely alert;
                          never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

I'd put Pulp Fiction at #1, but I certainly prefer True Romance to Reservoir Dogs.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I hear it is ultra-violent.

And it does have similarities to Charlies Angels. Though much, much more violent.

This is basically an action film. Tarantino said he wanted to do an action film. And it will have many action film standards.

As for Jackie Brown- it was pretty good. But still not a movie I feel the need to own and watch again.

Comment

Working...
                              X