Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Laptop Thread (ThinkPads with Accelerometers, G4 PowerBook)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atahualpa
    bahh people this whole performance story doesnt matter at all
    Because I am posting here on apolyton right here right now from the most crappiest of all laptops

okay it is not muahahaha but who cares

for purpose of posting on apolyton everything faster than a celly is good enough
    err wait I mean a celly is already fast enough
    oh well
    oh boy
    That's pretty funny.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

According to APPLE and the person who was affected, this did happen. Obviously, things change over time -- I've provided you several links to back this up, so how can you claim I am "lying"?

Apple has removed that "feature" from iTunes due to the backlash that the media coverage gave Apple when it was discovered the music files were deleted when you changed your regions.

Apple has changed it, it doesn't make what I said a lie, particularly when it did happen.

Oh, Jesus, this is classic Asher. Apple must've made some change no one has heard about, because god knows Asher couldn't have exaggerated the truth in an attempt to score points in an internet debate.

KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I thought it was your assertion that I lied, and now you retract that?

And I don't see how I exaggerated the truth. The guy's files were deleted because he wasn't in the US anymore. That's not an exaggeration, it's a plain-as-day fact.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          According to APPLE and the person who was affected, this did happen. Obviously, things change over time -- I've provided you several links to back this up, so how can you claim I am "lying"?

Apple has removed that "feature" from iTunes due to the backlash that the media coverage gave Apple when it was discovered the music files were deleted when you changed your regions.

Apple has changed it, it doesn't make what I said a lie, particularly when it did happen.

Oh, Jesus, this is classic Asher. Apple must've made some change no one has heard about, because god knows Asher couldn't have exaggerated the truth in an attempt to score points in an internet debate.

Only feebs vote.

Comment

I thought it was your assertion that I lied, and now you retract that?

Depends what your definition of "lying" is. I consider taking an isolated incident and blowing it up into an evil conspiracy on Apple's part to be "lying", but you can call it "bending the truth" if you want. Either way, you're still being dishonest.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The only thing funny here is how you're both playing into the stereotype of Mac users being thickheaded morons who go out of their way to ignore the obvious and praise Apple while forking over cash hand-over-fist for substandard products...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

At least he's not blaming me for being too stupid to get my files erased anymore, eh Ag? That's a step in the right direction...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Depends what your definition of "lying" is. I consider taking an isolated incident and blowing it up into an evil conspiracy on Apple's part to be "lying", but you can call it "bending the truth" if you want. Either way, you're still being dishonest.
                  Now you're being dishonest, I never claimed it was a conspiracy on Apple's part, as I recall everyone blamed RIAA (even Apple).

You're bending the truth again, Drake.

And the only reason it was an isolated incident was it was a huge deal online when it happened. If it wasn't for that, your files may have been deleted now too. Public pressure is great.

Comment

At least he's not blaming me for being too stupid to get my files erased anymore, eh Ag? That's a step in the right direction...
                    I didn't know that Apple had changed it shortly after the incident, since there was next to no publicity about it. I now know that you're only restricted from acquiring music outside of the US, you can use the already acquired music outside of the US.

That was simply ignorance on my behalf before. Your files are no doubt still there, because *******s like me made a big deal about it when they deleted people's files who moved out of the US.

Comment

Actually, I'm pretty sure I know why my files are still around and it has nothing to do with some secret policy change on Apple's part. Maybe if you were a more endearing person, I'd throw you a bone and tell you how the iTMS service works, but I'd really rather just watch you continue to flail about for answers. I love a good comedy.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

It's not a secret policy change, Apple updated the Terms of Service on their site. Before it said you couldn't use the music outside of the USA, now it says you can't use the service outside of the USA.

And I understand how the iTMS service works, thanks. The reason you won't "tell me how it works" is because it'd be quite embarassing for you to be corrected on the more technical matters of it.

My favorite feature of iTMS is, of course, you can't re-download the song if you've lost it. What a customer-friendly policy.

Comment

And I understand how the iTMS service works, thanks. The reason you won't "tell me how it works" is because it'd be quite embarassing for you to be corrected on the more technical matters of it.

If you say so...
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Asher,
                            Id say people appreciate your being here much more if you are less biased and be more constructive. After all your "hatred" against various developments in the computer science industry will lead you nowhere.

Just look at your first post. Its about 33% constructive and 66% destructive. You are also merely repeating what you hear from other sources. Instead of stating these things as "facts" you could have used this forum here as another source of information (ask the mac people here for example). Instead you use it to test the validity of other sources points here.
                            And as you see they didnt hold so I think its best if you back off.

Comment

This looked intresting http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3180872.stm
                              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
                                Asher,
                                Id say people appreciate your being here much more if you are less biased and be more constructive.
                                He's been less biased and more constructive than "some other frequent posters in this thread".

Comment

Working...
                                X