Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Laptop Thread (ThinkPads with Accelerometers, G4 PowerBook)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laurentius
    Whats the point of these Apple-smacking threads anyway? Do you have any, or are you just ego tripping?
    The point is, Apple's quality control has gone downhill pretty fast.

And the point of that is because I secretly love it when the Mac people find weird dismissals/excuses for it, like Drake's. It's very amusing to me.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

And the point of that is because I secretly love it when the Mac people find weird dismissals/excuses for it, like Drake's. It's very amusing to me.
      Then again, a d*** in your mouth is amusing to you....

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
        yeah, well, us fence-sitters, those of us who don't care too much?

we're like the moderates stuck in between the ann coulter of machood, or the michael moore of windowsmania.

i have a dream that one day, we can all use our respective OSes, and not gripe about how one is better than the other.

then again, someone was shot for merely suggesting something similar about skin color.
        How dare you compare me to Michael Moore!

The problem isn't with the OS, the problem is the build quality of the new PowerBooks is on par with a $50 kids' makebelieve laptop.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Feephi
          Then again, a d*** in your mouth is amusing to you....
          No, that's erotic.

My **** up your ass, now that's amusing.

Comment

More pointless rubbish from Asher - a confirmed liar.

There are always going to be a few people with problems (which is all this establishes). In one case cited by Asher it is particularly hilarious since the person was running a developer preview of Panther, which is BETA software so of course there will be problems - it's a BETA for chrissake.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
              More pointless rubbish from Asher - a confirmed liar.
              Yes yes, I am lying! These people do not exist, they do not have problems, and the PowerBook really does last 4.5 hours like Apple claims! It is me who is lying, not Apple and all of the people who've tested it!

I mac users.

There are always going to be a few people with problems (which is all this establishes).
              The thing has only been out a few days and there's tons of complaints about it online, particularly its keyboard and its lackluster production quality.

Do you have any rational reason why Apple used such a pathetically small keyboard on the 15" model?

I mean look at this. How can you not say it's ridiculous?

In one case cited by Asher it is particularly hilarious since the person was running a developer preview of Panther, which is BETA software so of course there will be problems - it's a BETA for chrissake.
              I fail to see how this is at all relevant because the problems are with the hardware in PowerBooks, not the OS.

Because Panther is beta doesn't cause the construction quality of the hardware to be piss-poor.

Comment

I've said it before.

Geeks that get hardons thinking about their new EXTREME processor.

However, usually Asher does beat the Apple side of the argument. If he didn't lump in bad sarcasm, cheap insults, and etc. failures, he'd probably be a lot more convincing.
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

However, usually Asher does beat the Apple side of the argument.

What argument? Asher making up **** and us calling him a tool does not equal an "argument"...
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

See what I mean?

This is all made up! None of it is real...

It's a worldwide conspiracy against Apple!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

That miniature keyboard on the big laptop is stupid and anyone who tries to say it isn't is even more stupid.
                        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Actually, the keyboard looks to be the same size as the one on my 14" iBook. If it is, then it is hardly "miniature", as my iBook has an amply sized keyboard.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

maybe it was designed for small people needing to compensate?

B♭3

Comment

An allegedly high-end laptop that really sucks...

IBM X31 ThinkPad.

A really stupid physical design.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

What wrong with it, Jrabbit?

The thought of buying one crossed my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X