Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Laptop Thread (ThinkPads with Accelerometers, G4 PowerBook)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quiet, the lot of you.

let the market decide.
    B♭3

Comment

Good idea, Q Cubed.
      /me checks marketshare numbers.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Feephi
        How dare he take your traditional argument position in threads on this board?!
        When have I called him a liar?
        And I actually back up what I say, with links and first-hand accounts of the products in question.

And your strategy of taking psych drugs and a d*** in the a** has been effective? Thats the example we should follow?
        Your obsession with my being gay disturbs me.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Yeah! Ashers apparent Gayness has nothing to do with this thread, nor does the fact that I still don't get hard on just by reading these threads. So Feephi stop picking on peoples personal..um orientations...damn narrowminded heterosexuals
          Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

However, usually Asher does beat the Apple side of the argument. If he didn't lump in bad sarcasm, cheap insults, and etc. failures, he'd probably be a lot more convincing.

That's true. It's fun to see a trainwreck (ie, these threads) sometimes .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              However, usually Asher does beat the Apple side of the argument. If he didn't lump in bad sarcasm, cheap insults, and etc. failures, he'd probably be a lot more convincing.

I only read them for their natural humor value .
              cIV list: cheats
              Now watch this drive!

Comment

Only if you believe that making up the "facts" constitutes winning an argument.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

I haven't seen you guys contradict them in anyway.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                    Only if you believe that making up the "facts" constitutes winning an argument.
                    Sorry, I didn't read the quote closley enough. I'm not picking sides, just watching and giggling.

P.S. I enjoy using both macs and pc's, what others dislike about them will not change my mind.
                    Now watch this drive!

Comment

I don't even see how he can think I'm making them up when I've linked to many sources for it...

And then it makes matters worse for him when he doesn't even try to contradict them, simply calling anyone who has something negative to say about Apple's quality control as a liar, then plugging his ears and shrieking "lalala, I can't hear you..."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I don't even see how he can think I'm making them up when I've linked to many sources for it...

And then it makes matters worse for him when he doesn't even try to contradict them, simply calling anyone who has something negative to say about Apple's quality control as a liar, then plugging his ears and shrieking "lalala, I can't hear you..."
                        *cough* truth *cough* Let's see some proof, you guys!
                        Now watch this drive!

Comment

How can you contradict a fact?

Or more importantly how can you contradict something that is mere rumour, unproven, exaggeration, or cribbed from a blatantly anti-Apple source, short of pointing out these facts.

I mean, I'm sitting here doing things on my computer that he's told me I can't do. That's not just me, but other Apolyton mac users as well. Ask Drake or Monolith, they realized this long ago. As Drake said, he makes stuff up.

And, if you find something that does contradict his earlier statements he flagrantly lies about them. That's why he's staying on ignore for the foreseeable future. He's almost as bad as the other person I have on ignore, who refused to concede that so-and-so said something even after I provided him with high quality streaming video of so-and-so actually saying it.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by MattH

*cough* truth *cough* Let's see some proof, you guys!
                            What kind of proof do you want. According to Asher, the new powerbooks are a mess and almost all of them suffer from horrible problems.

It turns out that the latch on a few of them doesn't work properly, but if you take it to the store they will fix it in 5 mins. A few people have also had screen problems. This is quite normal with a new product and you are entitled to a free replacement within the first 10 days. Why make it the end of the world then?

Since I often look around mac websites and know when there are really big problems because of the volume of posts, and that hasn't happened this time, I assume that it's a relatively small problem.

Also according to Asher, your purchased itunes music will automatically delete forever if you move out of the US. Yet Drake is happily sitting in Japan playing his (which have mysteriously escaped this satanic deletion) and I haven't seen a massive outcry from mac users about it. What am I supposed to believe?

I mean, who the **** cares? It's clear that some people have had problems, but it doesn't mean that every Apple product you buy will explode - it means a few people have had problems, which always happens no matter what you buy.

That's all I have to say. As I remarked before, these debates would be interesting if people behaved honestly, but that hasn't happened.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                              What kind of proof do you want. According to Asher, the new powerbooks are a mess and almost all of them suffer from horrible problems.
                              Please.
                              When did I ever say almost all of them suffer horrible problems?

Also according to Asher, your purchased itunes music will automatically delete forever if you move out of the US. Yet Drake is happily sitting in Japan playing his (which have mysteriously escaped this satanic deletion) and I haven't seen a massive outcry from mac users about it. What am I supposed to believe?
                              According to APPLE and the person who was affected, this did happen. Obviously, things change over time -- I've provided you several links to back this up, so how can you claim I am "lying"?

Apple has removed that "feature" from iTunes due to the backlash that the media coverage gave Apple when it was discovered the music files were deleted when you changed your regions.

Apple has changed it, it doesn't make what I said a lie, particularly when it did happen.

That's all I have to say. As I remarked before, these debates would be interesting if people behaved honestly, but that hasn't happened.
                              We have you to blame for that, you never -- ever -- contribute anything of substance to tech threads like this. You blindly follow Apple, set up strawman arguments left and right, and resort to ad hominems because you can't do any better.

As Drake said, he makes stuff up.
                              I did NOT make this up, as any fool with a web browser can see! The irony here is killing me, here you are making stuff up about me making stuff up.

It is quite sad that this is all you can do. You can't deal with the subject matter so you resort ad hominems by claiming I make things up and lie all the time, and then the only backing you have of this is claiming I make up the fact that iTunes deleted a user's files when she moved to Canada. Yet I've provided links online to first-hand accounts of this online, which I clearly did not write, and you still insist that I "made it up".

And if you're going to assert that I'm making things up in this thread, you have to at least throw me a frickin' bone and tell me what I'm making up, then refute it.

You need some help, Agathon.

Comment

bahh people this whole performance story doesnt matter at all
                                Because I am posting here on apolyton right here right now from the most crappiest of all laptops

okay it is not muahahaha but who cares

for purpose of posting on apolyton everything faster than a celly is good enough
                                err wait I mean a celly is already fast enough
                                oh well
                                oh boy

Comment

Working...
                                X