N.Y. Times Retracts Arnold Hitler Bombshell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

And of course, the saintly party of God, mom, apple pie and the flag never resorts to double standards, inconsistency, dishonesty, or anything else underhanded to gain an advantage.

You got it.

Well, the right answer is that any Repub. politician that would do such crap should not be nominted. The last Repub. who did get nominated who played hardball was Richard Nixon. But his tactics disgusted me.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
      The last Repub. who did get nominated who played hardball was Richard Nixon. But his tactics disgusted me.
      Have you so soon forgotten Bush's tactics against McCain in South Carolina and Michigan?
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
        Actions have consequences...

I don't think BC's selling any more electricity to California power utilities. Why do business with a bad debt?

Less supply will start driving up the prices, as Japher is starting to notice.

We'd be happy to sell you folks lots of electricity. We'd just like to be paid at some point.
        Utility transactions are wonderful things. Sell yours to Bonneville, they can sell their excess to Sierra Pacific, Sierra Pacific can do an exchange deal with UP&L since they're both Pacificorp subsidiaries, UP&L can supply WAPA contractors and we can take the power from WAPA. Trouble is, the economy is slow, the droughts in the west are over for the time being, and summers have been relatively mild, so there's no big demand for imported power.

It's going to be quite a while before demand goes up high enough to drive prices up.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

You got it.

Well, the right answer is that any Repub. politician that would do such crap should not be nominted. The last Repub. who did get nominated who played hardball was Richard Nixon. But his tactics disgusted me.
          How about Reagan ****ing over Goldwater over Goldwater's endorsement of Jerry Ford in '76?

How about the new Reaganite RNC deciding to purge several of the party's senior moderates, including Birch Bayh, and Frank Church?

How about House Minority Leader Gerald R. Ford threating to impeach a Supreme Court Justice (Douglas) if the Senate didn't confirm Nixon appointee G. Harold Carswell?

If you really want, I can dig Republican campaign, national and state committee, and officeholder dirt all day, all week, all month, and not come close to exhausting the supply.

Both parties are loaded with venal *******s.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
            you have to add Gary Coleman's votes in with that. It is clear that many people are dissatisfied with the current leadership and want other alternatives such as Gary Coleman and Gallager.
            Good post. One reason that I couldn't support Arnold is that his sense of humor just isn't as good as Gallagher's. He's ok at the action stuff, but we're talking about a governor, not a president. So I'm backing Gallagher for California governor.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I think that the people of California don't get it. It's not all Davis's fault. And it's definitely not all Bush's fault. My Catalina weekend freinds somehow buy the "George Bush caused our energy crisis line." It's the Cali fault for thinking that they could enter long term contractrs and only have upside. For not letting prices float to consumers when supply got tight. (lack of price-led demand feedback ended up costing them way more in the end.) For making it an AQMD nightmare to get more baseload constructed, etc. etc.

They're just grasshoppers who want to get mad at the ant.

Comment

I think that it should be pointed out that Arnold's heavy accent in the 1970s might have confused a listner into thinking that he said "did" instead of "didn't". I seem to recall that he had that problem on one of his appearences on "Saturday Night Live".
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                  Both parties are loaded with venal *******s.
                  Amen, Brother! Preach it!
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

And I admired basically people who are powerful people, like Kennedy. Who people listen to and just wait until he comes out with telling them what to do. People like that I admire a lot."
                    Heil Ted! Wtf is this guy talking about? He sounds like he admires autocrats. Yeah Arnold, everyone's just waiting for you and Teddy to tell us what to do...

Comment

It is clear that many people are dissatisfied with the current leadership and want other alternatives such as Gary Coleman and Gallager.
                      I'd vote for either of these guys before the frontrunners, even McClintock for whom I do have respect.

Comment

This is pretty horrible journalism on the part of the NYTimes, even by their increasingly low standards. Thank god for the Washington Post.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Al Franken on the tonight show still said Swcharenegger praised Hitler as fact

but other than that he was fairly funny. I liked him on SNL

Comment

Working...
                          X