Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why cant he retire?
    cause he's appointed for life.

A spokesman for the Vienna prelate, Erich Leitenberger, said later that Cardinal Schönborn's statements should be taken "philosophically and not literally."
    In how many ways can one interpret: "The whole world is experiencing a pope who is sick, handicapped and dying, who is approaching the last days and months of his life"
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

hmm, I don't really have anything good to say, so I won't say anything at all.

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        I have a soft spot for dying commies (my favorite kind).
        more sig material

Comment

You have to admit he has taken his church a long way these past twenty five years. He has a great deal of charisma, and has been a people's pastor at a time when society in the developed world has grown progressively more impersonal. When you consider all that he has done maybe it's a little easier to forgive what he is leaving behind for the next man. I wonder if his successor will continue the journey or instead try to turn back the hands of time.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
            You have to admit he has taken his church a long way these past twenty five years. He has a great deal of charisma, and has been a people's pastor at a time when society in the developed world has grown progressively more impersonal. When you consider all that he has done maybe it's a little easier to forgive what he is leaving behind for the next man. I wonder if his successor will continue the journey or instead try to turn back the hands of time.
            This really freaked me out, until I realized I hadn't clicked on the Phelps thread like I thought

Comment

now if they would just allow catholics to use condoms...

Comment

Equal rights for women would be nice too.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

naw, they have to earn those

Comment

So how many popes have there been to date?

Comment

St. Markus:

This has been a good pope. Hopefully we will see a string of good popes.

Even though I'm still a prottie, I appreciate his integrity in not straying from what the Catholic church believes.

I blame the Protestants for the failure of this noble cause.

Protestants! = Anglicans. If the Anglicans had not ordained female priests, this probably would have happened. Now, who knows?

Why don't you start a thread with that thesis, on Ecumenism?
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                        So how many popes have there been to date?
                        300 or so, IIRC.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Depends on which ones you count and which you don't.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                          X