No announcement yet.

Morals, Ethics... WWJD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to fill out the same forms . Not same but simular, with the same damn question.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

This is what it says (I have the form here):

* Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other similiar legal action? Have you ever unlawfully distributed or sold a controlled substance (drug), or been a prostitute or procurer for prostitutes?
      Yes? No?

I've been arrested because of that. Any other answer would be lying, and there's nothing much else to interpret.....and then naturally there is a section that asks if I was honest filling this form and lying can lead to barring from the states. SO that's that!

my head hurts. I go to sleep.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

They ask all of that and make you chose between yes and no?
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Yup.. that's it.

PLUS they just had this new thing, that people that are applying visas must appear for personal interview.. what do you think they'll ask? They don't care what your favourite food, one of the questions is if you have ever broke the law. Because they want to determine if you are to be trusted or not. I guess I've blown my trusting quota.
          In da butt.

Comment

First, I would consult with an immigartion attorney concerning this matter.

Second, I would check yes and explain during the interview. They won't deny you the interview because of some petty offense, will they?
            Monkey!!!

Comment

It might help to the know the status of your conviction and if it could be traced and/or would be turned up by an inquiry... An attorney could help you.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other similiar legal action?
                If you received a pardon that means your innocent. They wouldn't bar you from entering if you were wrongly accussed of a crime (which means you had to be arrested)... Mark 'yes', be honest, nothing bad will come of it.

It is strange that they ask

'have you ever been wrongfuly accused of crime'

along with

'are you a prostitute'
                Monkey!!!

Comment

I wasn't pardoned, and I was guilty . I just think it won't work unless I come up with a master plan, or someone INSIDE THE DEVIL!
                  In da butt.

Comment

* Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other similiar legal action? Have you ever unlawfully distributed or sold a controlled substance (drug), or been a prostitute or procurer for prostitutes?
                    Yes, I'm afraid your conviction would qualify.

However, you have not 'distributed or sold' a controlled substance. They do not specify possession.

Tell the truth, and if they ask, tell them what happened.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ben is a religious guru,
                      I prefer the term, 'servant of Christ'.

"For the greatest among you will be the least of all.''
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

In other words I'm screwed. Well, I don't know if that's poetic justice or not. I'll keep looking for alternative routes to get there.. maybe I'll come across something at least I hope so.
                        In da butt.

Comment

What they are geting at is that they wouldn't group all those questions together if it was a definate win/lose question. There is a huge gap between being pardoned for a crime and trafficing drugs.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I agree that the best thing is to answer honestly and explain it during the interview. Just don't mention anything about Susie Q and all that .

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Sure, but it's all lumped like that.. drugs, prostitutes.. it just simply sounds bad. And I don't know, if I'll take the courage and go with honesty, then they don't give me even student visa (it is highly possible), then after that I might have difficulties visiting my mom even. I'm not sure if it's worth it, I could just go with cheating at that point.

I just keep my fingers crossed I meet someone who works at immigrant offices etc.. they could help me out. They don't have to do it free... You see! DRUGS, BRIBARIES.. Where does this all end?
                              In da butt.

Comment

Re: Morals, Ethics... WWJD?

Originally posted by Pekka
                                , but if he failed (which is not an option!) it would be like being Hugh Hefner and impotent beyond any repairs.
                                Hugh Hefner had a stroke years ago and is in fact impotent.
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X