No announcement yet.

Week 4 - Which NFL team has surprised you the most

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tennessee is a pretty tough team, and the Colts cruised through that game 33-7 or so, but next Monday will indeed be a good test.

Comment

I've been rather unpleasantly surprised by the Packers so far this season. Hope things start looking better for them.
      "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
      "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
        What? No Seahawks?

Doing better than I expected:

Seahawks
        Chiefs
        Denver
        Vikes

Worse:

Eagles
        Green Bay
        49ers
        Oakland
        denver is not doing better. they had the #3 offense and #5 defense(or was it reversed?) last year. I think they actually added a better qb than griese, griese was a choking bum. tho plummer aint great, he opens up some more plays and all he has to do is place hold for portis neway.

green bay sucked, their receivers got thrashed and honestly, wtf last year was flukesy IMO. Okland is 2-2, last year they were 4-4. the eagles got ravaged on defense, but yah, mcnabb should carry that team and hasn't. niners well, hrrm. 1-3 is bad.

chiefs are a surprise, but if u notice the vikings/chiefs/seahawks are all basically built the same. offense not defense. seahawks defense is old and dumb, chiefs lacks talent and vikings lacks any age.

Comment

The Cheifs are the one team that hasn't suprised me, They don't need a great defense an average one will do fine.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Tennessee is a pretty tough team, and the Colts cruised through that game 33-7 or so, but next Monday will indeed be a good test.
            True, and that drubbing of New Orleans was impressive. But my picks were based on surprise and I thought the Colts would be getting better and better under Tony "Tampa's Defense was mine" Dungy so I can't say I'm surprised.

denver is not doing better.
            Better than I expected.

Comment

No Chargers?

mad:

I thought they'd be better than 0-4, more like 2-2.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I listed:

Redskins, Vikings, Colts, Cowboys and Panthers.

All look much better than I thought they'd be.

Seahawks aren't on my list because if you looked at the 2nd half of last year, you knew this was coming. San Diego should have been on the list... even though they stunk at the end of last year, I wasn't predicting this.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Redskins may have been lucky: playing the Jets w/o Pennington, and playing the Falcons w/o Vick, although they did do well to come back from a deficit.
                  Coles is playing very well though, and Ramsey is throwing better than expected.

Panthers were 3-0 last year as well, but then slipped to 3-8. I don't think that will happen this year though.
                  Stephen Davis has been a valuable addition; I didn't expect him to have 100+ yard-games in all his starts so far.

Comment

KC Chiefs. I was uncertain about their defense and QB Green, and Priest coming back from injury. Very impressive.

Then Carolina. I knew their defense was good, but without a QB (Jake Delhomme??) I didn't expect anything from them.

Washington Jetskins. Still not convinced of this team. Is it possible Spurrier has figured out this NFL thing??

Another real surprise is the Seahawks. Can't believe they're not listed here. (Admit you just forgot, Frozzy, don't feed us that "everybody who was watching last year knew" crap! They did beat StL with a grreat comeback, and are way more surprising than anything the Jets, Giants, Steelers, or Buccaneers have done.)

Negatives -- I voted for the Rams and Eagles. Very disappointing.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Gotta be the Seahawks...I don't think they are going to slide, unless Alexander goes down. They are playing with real fire and should win at least their first playoff game.

I'm surprised San Fran is so bad, but I don't like Owens at all or SF in general, so no tears shed by me.

There really aren't any big changes from last year, but a few teams seem to have turned the corner a bit, namely, Denver, Indy, Carolina and KC.
                      I think Tampa Bay is vulnerable to these teams (Carolina already proved it) because they have better offenses and comperable defenses.

Minnesota is the big surprise to me--I thought they would totally suck.

As a Lions fan...no surprise there.

Barry! Come back! Come back, Barry!
                      Life and death is a grave matter;
                      all things pass quickly away.
                      Each of you must be completely alert;
                      never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Panthers. Undefeated, great defense. Beat Tampa Bay at Tampa Bay.

Second, Indianpolis: the defense has joined the offense.

Third, Minnesota: ditto

Fourth: Dallas - a good offense? Surprising.
                        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Re: Week 4 - Which NFL team has surprised you the most

Originally posted by Frozzy
                          Either suprised by doing well, or by doing crap
                          I can tell by the wording of your poll that you need a severe ass-kicking.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I love Tennessee this year. Going into Pittburgh and destroying the Steelers put me on their bandwagon.

McNair is a warrior.
                            "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

18 voters so far, and the Vikings have a narrow lead with 6 votes (several with 5).

Frankly, I don't find their success surprising. Daunte and Randy had an off year, and the team had some key injuries (and/or deaths).

Unlike the Bears, they rebuilt by putting together a fine (and large!) offensive line while retooling the defense through strength up front and speed at LB.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                                18 voters so far, and the Vikings have a narrow lead with 6 votes (several with 5).

Frankly, I don't find their success surprising. Daunte and Randy had an off year, and the team had some key injuries (and/or deaths).

Unlike the Bears, they rebuilt by putting together a fine (and large!) offensive line while retooling the defense through strength up front and speed at LB.
                                they have no second wr. they use anonymous rb's. they do have a big oline(so does arizona). their defense ****e. daunte is not good tho his short yardage gaining ability is tantalizing.

they are overperforming right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X