Pop vs. Soda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaak
    I use soda as the generic, but I always ask what brands they have before ordering in a restaurant.

ummm....texans aren't really southerners we're texans
    I think you meant to quote Oz
    Originally posted by OzzyKP
    Southerners are so weird. hehe

(\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

It varies regionally:

Soda is used by Canadians and Liberal Pacifists that serve no purpose to society whatsoever.
      (Not the Canadians, Canadians serve a purpose, they keep the Polar Bear hordes in check.)

Canada, its not just for Mounties anymore......

Pop is used by lazy inner city people who have trouble utilizing multi sylable words.

Coke is mostly used by common Americans.

Tonic is used by Senator Kennedy and other extreme winos.

Soft Drink is used by intellectuals.

I don't use any of those terms, I usually just grunt.

Comment

Soda is certainly not used by Canadians, at least not out west.

Everyone calls it pop.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          Soda is certainly not used by Canadians, at least not out west.

Everyone calls it pop.
          When I hear "soda" I think of crackers. Everyone calls it pop out (or is it 'in'?) east aswell.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Soda is used by Canadians and Liberal Pacifists that serve no purpose to society whatsoever.
            I'm a Canadian pacifist, and I still use 'pop'.

Most people out west in Canada use pop.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Wanna see the geographical roots of the pop vs soda vs coke debate?

Check it: http://www.popvssoda.com/

Cool maps there.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Notice that uncivilised barbarians use the term "pop", and civilised intellectuals use "soda".
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I've always used pop. I thought soda was the American term.

I rarely buy name brand anymore, just generic. So I've taken to referring to everything as either "clear pop" or "dark pop".

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                    Brand name if its short.
                    Soft drink otherwise.

Pop AND soda both sound lame.
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Club thread for anglophones.

I call it "Sprudel". Since this option is missing, I vote for "Banana juice". Oh wait... this option is missing as well...

Comment

All you Canadians who claim to use the word "pop" need to step away from your computers and get back to guarding America from the Polar Bear hordes.........

Comment

those who were born at the location that the heavenly ambrosia was created, springing forth from the wells of creativity, syrup, and carbonated fountain water, those lucky enlightened souls call it "coke".

those who have fallen just slightly from grace, sinners they may be, but ever repentant and always looking towards the elysian fields of coca-cola, they call it "soda".

only those atheists who refuse to believe in the sanctity and the holiness of candler's drink call it "pop".

they are not, however, the unsaved, unforgiven demon-spawn that reside in eternal darkness, those who love "pepsi".
                          B♭3

Comment

I drink Pepsi and RC, as much to tweek the bigots as for any preference. I pray for those benighted, ignorant souls kept enslaved to the sweatshop products of that Atlanta bottler.

One major difference is that warm Coke tastes horrible, whereas warm Pepsi, RC, or Dr. Pepper does not taste bad.

I suppose that doesn't matter to people who trickle a little drink into their cup of ice… I prefer to have a little ice in my drink.

Q Cubed, have you registered a DL "qqubedlancer?"
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

because you, my unsaved friend, drink royal crown, you will merely be consigned to purgatory where we faithful shall pray for the salvation of your soul, so that one day you may join us in the heavenly after-world of coke.

i can only imagine what amazment you must have felt when you can to the varsity and found yourself surrounded by those of us who joyously adore the sweet ambrosia whose name springs forth from the headquarters that lay merely a few blocks down north avenue from where we sat.

B♭3

Comment

i've tried danish coka and american and norsk and swedish coke and they taste like..... sugar with water in....
                                But the coke here in iceland ahhhhhhhh the water used here is the best in the world period.
                                When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Working...
                                X