No announcement yet.

FOX News: Stupid A**wipes at "Work"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Carlson did was a prank... what Fox did was deplorable... Fox's dip**** dopey viewers were calling Carlson's residence and shouting obscenities at his wife and children. And shame on the dopes who think what Fox did was not out of line.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yes, shame on everyone except people who agree with me.

Comment

Carlson's daughters are young... 4 of them under the age of 12. You think it's okay to post a private phone number on the internet so people can call and yell obscenities at children?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
          Oh come on Gatekeeper or whatever silly name you have. "Stupid Asswipes"? What the hell? That is not rational, mature, or even related to what you're talking about. They may be unprofessional or out of line, but you are an idiot if you think your retarded insults mean a god damn thing. Dickhead.
          Silly handle? You should speak, Wiggums.

Furthermore, if you had bothered to read my entire post, surely you would have come across the "P.S." part where I pretty much say the obvious — that, in the long run, it's nothing that's going to rock the world.

Lastly, don't call me a dickhead again, son. Got it?

Gatekeeper
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by vee4473
            While I think that FOX probably should have done the deed to cnn's bureau, to call FOX all sorts of names only highlights your own bias here.
            That's kind of funny in a way as I've been known to post anti-CNN material now and then, too. Going by your standards, that means I must be biased against cable television media in general. And I might be. I'm a print/online journalist, after all.

You could weakly argue that they shouldn't haven't done it to Carlson's home number, but you ARE ignoring the fact that he did start the whole thing.
            MtG has covered this point much better, but I'll say it anyway: If I stomp on somebody's toe, and they turn around and blow my toe off with a gun, then I'm the one who should be crucified for starting the whole thing? Nah, I don't think so. It's called over-reaction. The world's full of it, IMO.

And also, your whole attitude and comments here show that you were just waiting for a reason to blast FOX.
            Actually, I spend very little of my time "just waiting" to blast things. I have deadlines to meet, you know.

And if you are a democrat, fine, but at least be honest that you don't like a network that doesn't skew to the democrat point of view instead waiting for a moment to pounce through some flawed criticism.
            Heh. I'm a registered Republican with moderate tendencies. Yeah, I know, a dying breed in the polarized world of American politics. I have Issues with a good deal of U.S. politics (and world, come to think of it) nowadays. Issues, I tell you, Issues! (Capitalization intentional, BTW.)

Tsk, tsk. And here I thought you knew me better than that, vee4437, er, vee4473.

Gatekeeper
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Sava -
              Carlson's daughters are young... 4 of them under the age of 12. You think it's okay to post a private phone number on the internet so people can call and yell obscenities at children?
              Did Fox newspeople call him and shout obscenities at his children? Did anyone? Sorry Sava, but methinks you're inventing stuff here - "it's the children" - to enflame passions. And if someone did shout obscenities at these children, shame on them, not on the people who think Carlson stepped in it when HE instigated this incident.

Comment

you really should think of the children.

imagine if someone made death threats to the children or their parents. they would be scarred for life.

It's irresponsible for a professional news organization to do this. plain and simple.

Comment

I never said Fox acted responsibly, and Carlson should have thought about his children too when he decided to lie in order to flood Fox with calls from people allegedly doing what was done to his family. I assume the people answering the phones at Fox wouldn't enjoy getting obscenties shouted at them either...

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                    I never said Fox acted responsibly, and Carlson should have thought about his children too when he decided to lie in order to flood Fox with calls from people allegedly doing what was done to his family. I assume the people answering the phones at Fox wouldn't enjoy getting obscenties shouted at them either...
                    I'm sure their used to it
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• ahh, but they are adults. and they are paid to answer phones.

I'm not saying what that guy did was responsible either. He's a professional journalist as well.

Two wrongs don't make a right though.

okay, 'nuff cliches

I actually find the event funny. Could there be a serious bloody rivalry between Fox and CNN. I want to see all kinds of snide, dirty comments

Comment

• ahh, but they are adults. and they are paid to answer phones.
                        So what? Two wrongs don't make a right, but the instigator has to take more of the blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                          See, even an eye for an eye I can understand, but "he took and eye, we'll take his head, that'll teach him" seems a little over the top.
                          Don't bother, some people are clearly daft. If people can't tell the difference between a home phone number and a work phone number, an unlisted number and a listed number, they will also have problems finding their own posterior.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• The greatest idiots in this story are the people who did the calls

Comment

• And some people can't figure out cause and effect (because they can't stand Fox?) and that it doesn't matter if the number was a home or business, someone was on the other end when a-holes called up to shout obscenities (if that in fact happened).

Comment

• although what carlson did was wrong, what fox did was absolutely heinous. i don't see how their behaviour is defensible in any way.

but ata and berz bring up good points. it's the *******s who called that were the problems.
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X