Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the Bush administration signaled the end of conservatism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ecthelion
    Fascism IS something conservative.
    No, fascism is something right-wing. But fascism is no more something conservative than communism is something liberal.
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Hopefully the Bush administration has signaled the end of the Bush administration. Conservatism can stay and probably will.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

"Conservatism" is a relative thing... it will always be around.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Even if Bush was entirely conservative and if his policies obviously failed, that wouldn't mean that conservatives would necessarily connect the dots and give up. They'd probably just say "bad data point", make up an excuse for why it didn't count and continue (or, more likely, say it failed because it "wasn't conservative enough"...witness any time conservative economic policies are put in effect, for example). Same with liberals. I think you're assuming way too direct a connection between people's beliefs and "reality". The obvious proof is that there are still state communists and Stalinists around.
          "Although I may disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to hear me tell you how wrong you are."

Comment

Bush is a conservative, because he is an elitist pig. He doesn't care about the less fortunate. All the rest of you conservatives who talk about small govt can stick that crap somewhere else. You guys elected him from the republican party. He's your boy.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Being conservative does not mean that we don't care, it just means that we aren't going to give the sheit away.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Being conservative does not mean that we don't care, it just means that we aren't going to give the sheit away.
                It must be hard to have sympathy for someone but not to do anything about it, because of your own greediness.

Comment

sure, why not?

it's friday. let's all go get smashed.
                  B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

It must be hard to have sympathy for someone but not to do anything about it, because of your own greediness.
                    I hope that this is just a troll, and you seriously don't think about conservatives in this excessively biased way.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

i guess you guys aren't happy drunks, are you?
                      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                        I hope that this is just a troll, and you seriously don't think about conservatives in this excessively biased way.
                        You tell me why I shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

You tell me why I shouldn't.
                          And some liberals wonder why conservatives get so snappy with us in return.

I have trolled Republicans or conservatives on here, but they were not meant to be taken seriously.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

*Japher bites!

It is hard, a lot harder than being walked on by whinning selfish brats who want the state to spoil them rotten and shove a silver spoon up their butt, because the feel they DESERVE it.

Liberal programs are bunk, as far as I am concerned. They do nothing to help someone better their life, instead the make it easier for those people who use the programs to maintain their poor standard of life. If I am greedy because I want people to work for themselves, look out for themselves, and support their own families so that I do not have to do it for them as I am having a hard enough time fending for myself and my family... then so be it.

I want to help, but how am I suppose to help those who won't help themselve or don't want to be helped?
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

If I am greedy because I want people to work for themselves, look out for themselves, and support their own families so that I do not have to do it for them as I am having a hard enough time fending for myself and my family... then so be it.

I want to help, but how am I suppose to help those who won't help themselve or don't want to be helped?
                              Your assumption that people don't want to help themselves is a very poor cover up for your greed. This is so ridiculous that I can't even laugh. Honestly, is this the best cover up you can use. I mean of course people want to help themselves.

Comment

*Japher bites!
                                Well, you said it...

Liberal programs are bunk, as far as I am concerned. They do nothing to help someone better their life, instead the make it easier for those people who use the programs to maintain their poor standard of life. If I am greedy because I want people to work for themselves, look out for themselves, and support their own families so that I do not have to do it for them as I am having a hard enough time fending for myself and my family... then so be it.
                                Famous liberal programs:
                                a. Social Security
                                b. Medicare
                                c. Guaranteed Student Loans
                                d. Rural Electrification

Pick one and defend your views. Ready?...GO!
                                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                                X