Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What history books are you currently reading or have recenly read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chidiotic chidea.

Comment

He doesn't come right out and say "use the bible code here" (of course), but it is clearly implied in the forward. I guess you weren't smart enough to get that...

edit: Editing chi*****.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

what are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
          "History of the First World War", by John Keegan, .
          Ive read and reread that.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Q: Should he now rereread it?

Comment

ive only skimmed Huntingtons "clash" my impression is that theres alot thatsquestionable about it, though id like to read it just cause its so controversial.

Now that ive said that I would suggest that "clash" is probably worthy of its own thread. Its quite capable of completely taking over this one.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

And he didn't predict the precise date for 9-11 either.

Yes he did. Translate Chapter 7 with the Bible Code and you'll find it

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yeah, so far, Clash has been a worthy book, for me.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

It certainly was a good read to me too.

Comment

sadly, in a couple of hours' time I'll have to switch to Morrison and Boyd's hit bestseller, 'Organic Chemistry'.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Does primary source material count?

I'm reading Sir Thomas Malory's Le Morthe D'Arthur.
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                          Serb - the knee jerk reaction doesn't help you. Russian tanks didn't kick any ass in 1941, because the tankists were illeterate and untrained, and the generals had no experience.

Only later did the situation improve.
                          I’ve said in WW2 not in 1941. As for 1941, perhaps you know any other country that did better against German blitzkrieg than Russian did in 1941? Poland or France perhaps?

Comment

Poland actually

Comment

Originally posted by Serb

I’ve said in WW2 not in 1941. As for 1941, perhaps you know any other country that did better against German blitzkrieg than Russian did in 1941? Poland or France perhaps?
                              Neither Poland nor France were fighting Germany in 1941.

I think Siro's book is something technical about armor. Not a slam at Russia.

Comment

Poland won the war, you fools! The Nazies, the Bolsheviks, all of them were Polish Pawns!

You Fools! It;s soopo obvious! The Poles engineered the entire war so that the Russians would win, calculating the Iron Curtain and that they would gain secure nationhood from this and that they would be able to manipulate the USSR into a Cold War with the US, they started it .o that they could furtrher ensure stability in the world and ensure the Polish state.

They rebelled through Solidarity when the Russians took control of their shadow Empire and then forced it into the ground. Everything was going well when the Poles were in charge

I had proof, letters and so forth, but I lost it in the fire.
                                Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

Working...
                                X