No announcement yet.

THE SUN (UK) excels itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading sh*te like that could have lead to permanent damage to your common sense though!
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm not sure I can support the Libdems now that they're gonna hand out over-the-counter crack and shorten all university courses to two years.
      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

A simple thought experiment.

Think back to the first time you got drunk. Remember the conflicting whirl of emotions, of the hind-brain impulses.
        Picture, in your mind an image with these thoughts.
        Read the Sun.
        No matter how much you try to deny it, the Sun, at this deep, dark level, makes total sense.

Comment

'sense' in the same kind of 'sense' as Mr Blobby...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed
            I'm not sure I can support the Libdems now that they're gonna hand out over-the-counter crack and shorten all university courses to two years.
            Those are the two best reasons to vote for them.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
              And I wouldn't describe the Financial Times as "for idiots", but am not qualified to comment on it's usefulness to those in the financial sector.
              It's a mixed bag. It's also as dry as old fox turds.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Hmm, I am not too fussed on the shortening of degrees mind you...over-the-counter crack could be nice after a hard day at work
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  'sense' in the same kind of 'sense' as Mr Blobby...
                  Ummm...........

What, and I hope you don't mind me being personal Mr. Harrison, did you have in mind for this slightly lovable character?

This country DOES have some moral values left.

Comment

Ireland?
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Actually, that's a fair comment, The Times is OK.

It's interesting to compare the UK situation with Toronto. Here we have:

The Toronto Sun: A politer version of the UK Sun, but with less sleaze and more adverts. Generally a brainless paper, but with a couple of top notch columnists (as a note - any paper that has one line comments on readers' letters is usually bad).

The Toronto Star: The City's Liberal paper. It is by no means a highbrow publication but it has loads of excellent columnists and isn't afraid to give opposing views plenty of space.

The Globe and Mail: A right wing paper that has moved to the centre. A bit more highbrow than the Star and probably Canada's best paper.

The National Post: a far right paper that has moved even further right (and is rapidly losing money). The same intellectual level as the Globe but marred by its incessant right wing bias and carping at the government.

None of these is as good as the top line British papers but there just isn't the awful sleaze that characterizes much of the British Press.

What are the papers like where you live?
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                        Ireland?
                        So, let me get this right, 'cause I'm a little slow,are you saying that N.Ireland has no values or that your plan for Mr. Blobby is to send him to Ireland.

Or, are you just saying that you cannot justify the fact that at the lowest, basest, most animal level what you really crave is to be the personal chutney gutter sweep of a 7 foot giant that wears pink with yellow spots.

Christ. I thought I was sick.I really should get out more.

Comment

Originally posted by flipside

So, let me get this right, 'cause I'm a little slow,are you saying that N.Ireland has no values or that your plan for Mr. Blobby is to send him to Ireland.

Or, are you just saying that you cannot justify the fact that at the lowest, basest, most animal level what you really crave is to be the personal chutney gutter sweep of a 7 foot giant that wears pink with yellow spots.

Christ. I thought I was sick.I really should get out more.
                          Easy tiger, I was only referring to the fact that you had an Irish flag, so I presumed you were talking about Ireland. Having moral values you know? There's bugger all here in the UK
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Well, NYC has an interesting press:

There are 3 large city papers:

The NY Times, broadsheet, center-left and an institution.

The NY Post: the Murdoch mouthpiece, good sports: otherwise good for picking up dog poop.

The NY Daily News: Tabliod as well, Centrist, good sports and comics, but not very good with news.

The there is the NY Sun which is trying to get started: it s more right-wing broadsheet than the times.

Newsday is the Long Island newspaper, with is OK overall (nothing speical, but not bad either). It used to be sold in the city but they pulled back.

Then there is the ethnic press, and the free papers, which, besides the always vital Onion, included the ultraleft Village Voice and the Far Right NY Press.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Vancouver Sun:

Broadsheet, leftist, probably the best for reporting the news, though not as good as the Globe and Mail, though I would say better than the National Post.

Vancouver Province:

Tabloid, excellent sports coverage, but not so good on the news. Also left leaning, though they have one columnist who I quite like.

The rest are generally local papers, while these are distributed province-wide.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Actually, that's a fair comment, The Times is OK

The Times is the only UK paper that I am willing to pay to read. I will read other papers but only if they are free, communal or left on public transport.

I have no time for the nonsense of the Mail and Sun. If you can ignore the slant of the Telegraph and the Guardian they are fairly good. I don't read the Observer or Independent, simply because I never got around to doing it.
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X