Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Branch To The Family Tree...

Lil' Sis is pregnant.

Don't know how to feel. On one hand I am happy, on the other kind of worried.

Lil' sis got married too soon IMO. Not soon as in age wise, but soon as in her emotional and financial development wise... I'm just too practical. She has only been married for 4 months... I predicted to my wife that she'd be pregnant in 8 weeks... Guess I was wrong.

Her huppy is a kewl guy, but he is still in school. Lil' sis teaches, and will probably quit once the kid is born. Also, they just bought house (which I don't think they can afford), and when Lil' Sis quits they will definitly not be able to afford it.

She was having emotional issues when she meet Hubby because she devotes herself totally to realtionships and lets the rest of her life go too sheit when she's in one. Then, when she is out, it really sucks for her... Not too secure in my book.

Anyway she is married, happy, has a good man... So why can't I be honestly happy for her?

Anyway I am going to be an uncle, again... Kid number 6. I was told never to breed
    Monkey!!!

Well, tell her WTG.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My response was "How'd that happen?" followed by "Well, isn't that exciting"

I won't condone or congratulate someone for getting knocked up unless they have been trying for sometime.

Really, she should of been on birth control at least until my brother-in-law is out of school and has a job.

I think it was just a cry for attention from her.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

You think.

Bottom-line, she is and you need to give her moral support.
        Here, you can take this to her.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

That's the case with your mother as well, we're told.
          Life and death is a grave matter;
          all things pass quickly away.
          Each of you must be completely alert;
          never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Shut up, Sneak.

You should have been neutered LONG ago.

Comment

She's married?

What's the problem?
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

I just think it shows a total lack of responsibility on her (and her hubby's) part. She's only known the guy for 2 years (married 4 mos.)... I doubt they will ever break up, but it really is to early to tell. I would rather the two of them built a stronger relationship before this, and I would rather my sis to have become mentaly stronger before marriage.

Back to the baby.

Planned parenthood is more than just birth control 'til you married. It's asking questions like can we support it, raise it, plan for it, etc... without hurting the marriage or our relationship. I think they never thought about that, and I wouldn't be all to shocked to find them getting divorced in 2-3 years and have my sister stuck with a suvioner. Amazingly enough, this is how these things happen, and I will have a neice/nephew in a broken home... and that will suck.

Yeah, whatever, I am reading too much into it. I don't think so, I think there is ground to worry.

Many of my friends have kids and no spouse, or on spouse number two with a shoestring from the first marriage. It really sucks to see my sister following the same path and make the same mistakes that my friends did. Head in the clouds...

Sloww: I will be happy for the addition, but not happy for the parents.

Monkey!!!

Comment

Ha ha ha...my seed is spreading like the plague. If you figure my two sons will have two sons apiece, I've just reproduced myself 6 times!
                  And we're probably going to have at least one other kid!
                  Too bad your daughters aren't younger, Sloww...then you'd have to hang out with me every Thanksgiving and watch the Lions beat the Cowboys while I made you drink microbrews and smoke pot out of a soda can!

Muwhahahahahawhahahahaha!

Comment

I'll tell you from personal experience; if one waits until conditions are "right", no children.
                    I swear to God.
                    Perfect conditions is a figment of the imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      I just think it shows a total lack of responsibility on her (and her hubby's) part. She's only known the guy for 2 years (married 4 mos.)... I doubt they will ever break up, but it really is to early to tell. I would rather the two of them built a stronger relationship before this, and I would rather my sis to have become mentaly stronger before marriage.
                      Japher, my folks got engaged three weeks after they met and were together for 35 years until my Dad died.

My wife and I weren't that far behind that and we've been married for six years now.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

she devotes herself totally to realtionships and lets the rest of her life go too sheit when she's in one. Then, when she is out, it really sucks for her... Not too secure in my book.
                        Better than the alternative, coldly cordial.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSneak
                          Ha ha ha...my seed is spreading like the plague. If you figure my two sons will have two sons apiece, I've just reproduced myself 6 times!
                          And we're probably going to have at least one other kid!
                          Too bad your daughters aren't younger, Sloww...then you'd have to hang out with me every Thanksgiving and watch the Lions beat the Cowboys while I made you drink microbrews and smoke pot out of a soda can!

Muwhahahahahawhahahahaha!

I missed this in a cross-post.
                          1 daughter only, how I can make the statement about not waiting for all to be "perfect".

Sounds good.
                          Must be good weed, to make you have visions of the Lions beating the 'boys.

Comment

Oregon has the best, bro...none of that brown Mexi-Texi shwag you guys pull out of a paper bag and spend all day picking seeds and stems out of, I can assure you.

This year's game should actually be pretty good, dontcha think?

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                              My response was "How'd that happen?" followed by "Well, isn't that exciting"
                              Yes Japher, sex can be a very exciting thing. It's how babies are made.
                              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Working...
                              X