Is Bavaria the Texas of Germany?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bavaria the Texas of Germany?

The thread about German conservatives winning in Bavaria got me thinking about the old question - is Bavaria the Texas of Germany? My theory is that every country has a Texas. For instance, Finland's Texas is clearly the area of Pohjanmaa, which is big wide area that is conservative, religious, aggressive, and has a strong regional identity. Of course, there are differences - while everyone in Texas carries a gun, everyone in Pohjanmaa carries a knife.

Anyway, back to Texas and Bavaria, here's a chart of comparisons:

(Incidentally, this would probably make America the Texas of the world.)
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Texas: Home of mediocre music that the natives adore
    Bavaria: Home of Wagner

Texas: Full of heavily-armed American citizens
    Bavaria: Full of heavily-armed American soldiers

If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Home of mediocre music that the natives adore
      - Home of Wagner
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Bavaria is also Home of Daniel Küblböck,
        so the remark aout the music may be correct
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

They like pretzels in Bavaria
          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
            They like pretzels in Bavaria
            Though I'm not a native here, pretzels, beer and good food sweeten my staying tremendously.

And the answer to the thread title is yes.

Comment

I never eat a pretzel

How do they taste?
              Blah

Comment

They are soft and salty. Ideal together with beer.

Comment

...everyone in Pohjanmaa carries a knife.
                  So you mean that there's finns- elsewhere than Pohjanmaa- that do not carry a knife!?!

Comment

As amazing as it sounds, it is so.

However, I refuse to believe that there's a Swede alive who doesn't go everywhere with his safety helmet on
                    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Are swedish helmets still pointy at both sides? That's how we got to know them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin

So you mean that there's finns- elsewhere than Pohjanmaa- that do not carry a knife!?!

Are there no knife-control laws in Finland?
                        Blah

Comment

I take it off inside as it keeps bumping into the wall when I pass trough doorways. I have serious troubles about taking a shower. On one hand there's little point in taking a shower with the helmet on, on the other hand it's quite easy to slip in the shower with dire effects. I'm glad that I live close to a hospital!

Comment

Knives don't kill people.
                            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Finns do. And eat them afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X