No announcement yet.

Pentium 4 Extreme Edition announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naw, you just have to hide it inside your math book so the teacher thinks you're a good student.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

--"90nm yields have improved faster than any other generation,"

Did I say anything about yields? Their main problem on .09 seems to be with leakage current and what it's doing to overall power consumption. The figures I've been seeing for the first Prescotts is placing max power in the 130w range.

This is hot.

--"They also claimed the Pentium 4 EE will be the "fastest chip released this year"."

Yeah, that was kind of what I was saying about the marketing bit.

BTW, you see the dust up recently over Bapco Sysmark results comparing a PM to a P4? Rather amusing that that little manipulation came back to bite them in the rear.

--"What's happened is the high end will be the Pentium 4 EE"

Asher, I understand this. But this is the problem. Previously, Xeon was their high-end. Releasing the P4EE is going to undercut their Xeon pricing, since people will be able to get by with the cheaper P4EE in many cases on the workstation.
      And what do they do when the Prescott comes out? I haven't heard any P5EE plans (or whatever they're going to call it). Of course, it'd be damn foolish to release something like that before they got their Prescott-based Xeon line established. But that's kind of my point. For future marketing, this isn't going to put them in the best position.

Wraith
      "I'm sick of teaching English all the time, so today I'm going to teach you math!"
      -- Yukari-sensei ("Azumanga Daioh")

Comment

Naw, you just have to hide it inside your math book so the teacher thinks you're a good student.

I am the teacher.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

They wanted to avoid the "deviated Septium" jokes that would have sprung up around the chip now called the Pentium III.

but just imagine: "buy the sexy sexium!"
          B♭3

Comment

Working...
          X