X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Interesting betting market published this morning.

England's finishing position in the World Cup:

Runners-up: $2.45
        Winners: $3.00
        Exit semi-finals: $3.75
        Exit quarter-finals: $6.00
        Exit after pool games: $81.00

Mmmmm. $10,000 at 81/1 should just about buy me my house in France or Italy.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

So...how do you plan to nobble Wilko?

Comment

I expect Phillip Ruddock to consign him to a detention camp.

Comment

There are two ways to nobble Wilkinson. One is to deliberately "follow-through" on him, and is illegal. The other, however, is to use crash ball runners in the tight areas where he INSISTS on trying to be an auxillery flanker and tries to put in big hits. Okay it might be 50-50 whethter he injures himself or the other player but this is his only major weakness.

Comment

Harassment by custom officers would be much more efficient, a 40 days long quarantine could be enough.
                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Yeah, true that is a more elegant plan.
                  I change my vote for nobbling Wilkinson to quarantine and move to have the English rugby team expelled for trying to use an unfair advantage.

Edit: Or importing illegal meat. You know, the type scrums and mauls. Evil beasts and not welcome in Aus.
                  Last edited by flipside; September 19, 2003, 05:56.

Comment

As far as France is concerned all kind of English foods are somehow considered as illegal, Havak's pork pie seems especially gruesome.
                    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                      As far as France is concerned all kind of English foods are somehow considered as illegal, Havak's pork pie seems especially gruesome.
                      I'd rather have a pok pie than snails
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I have a French mate who claims that eating snails causes 'anal leakage'. Is this true Tamerlin?

Comment

I don't know I have never eaten snails.

The simple idea to eat snails sounds like a strange thing to most of the French I know. As far as I am concerned they are cooked with a lot of garlic so there is no chance I taste this kind of things.

Comment

Guys:
                            What do you think of the current status in that "zurich world rankings" that appear in the planet-rugby website?
                            Attached Files
                            South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
                            Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

This status seems right to me, England is obviously the best team in the world closely followed by New Zealand. IMO South Africa is a bit over rated, the RWC will demonstrate the real rank of this team along with those of Australia, Ireland and France.

Comment

SA probably is overrated, but I would say that's because of the influence of their past successes on the Zurich table.

Comment

Working...
                                X