This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby World Cup 2003 - Crunch Time!

Only a month to go before the opening match!! I can't wait!
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

To make things easier I thought it might be helpful if I posted a link to the old thread.

Comment

Yep! i like the name of the new thread
      South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
      Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

Yep. Good title.

I see McCrae has grown up - his move to Gloucester has been delayed for at least another month after he was sent off playing for Sydney club Randwick. He called the touch judge a cheat.
        It happened in club rugby on the weekend. I saw it. He was yellow carded by the ref for knocking the ball from an opponent's hands from an offside position. The decision was dodgy to say the least, but his response was immature to say the very least. He walked off the ground past the touchy, pointed at him and called him a cheat. The touchy immediately reported it to the ref, who called McCrae back and red carded him. Just to ice the cake, he got into an exchange of abuse with some oppo supporters as he walked along the fence to the dressing room.

Aside from the idiocy and irresponsibility, he could cost Randwick a club premiership. They're joint favourites for the title with the major preliminary and grand final matches left to play. Randwick have already lost a number of players to the Wallaby Cup squad and they couldn't afford to lose McCrae, which they now have.

It will barely interfere with his Gloucester appointment. He had another two weeks of finals matches here anyway.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

What an arse!

Comment

It is, unfortunately, not a surprise. Gifted player, proven to be lacking in grey matter. Still, he will soon give Havak someone to hate at close quarters.
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Jolly good, Havak needs more of those...

Comment

Sorry, mon ami, every scrum on Saturday night was contested. True, they didn't crouch locked like a couple of copulating dogs for forty minutes, but then there was rugby to be played. - finbar
                And they dare saying I am biased.
                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

An outrageous accusation! The thought never crossed our minds!

And here's another one because we know you can't get enough of them:

And another one:

Comment

I see FFR has appeared under Tamerlin.

My dislike of Duncan McCrae is well founded - I've never seen anything like his assault on Ronan O'Gara in 2001 - a combination of 11 punches whilst he held the guys head to the ground with his other hand. And he then winked to the camera as he was dismissed from the field - what on earth was going through his mind?

But it goes back further than that - in his last abortive foray into our League with Saracens he was caught holding a player back by the shirt (as in a Warner brothers cartoon exagerated way) by Mr Johnson and cleared away by the same man. He then claimed his rib had been broken in the incident and that he would be out the game for 4-6 months. The very day after Mr Johnsons appeal against a four week suspension had been turned down, he ran back on the ptich for Saracens. It was somewhat less than 4 months. I don't think it was even one.

So no broken rib - and a fellow Professional is banned. And he got away with it!

So no loss at all to Australian rugby - just a shame he is being foisted on us. It will really help Gloucester clean their game up I don't think!
                    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Havak
                      The very day after Mr Johnsons appeal against a four week suspension had been turned down, he ran back on the ptich for Saracens. It was somewhat less than 4 months. I don't think it was even one.
                      Gee, you've been taking objectivity lessons from Tamerlin.

So no loss at all to Australian rugby - just a shame he is being foisted on us.
                      All part of a grand plan ... I shall say no more.

Comment

The problem here is that this guy has no respect for the "spirit" of the game. Callling officials "cheats", trying to get other players suspended............ Jeez.
                        I love the grey area of rugby, of trying to disrupt the oppposition , to impose your game on them, that is all part of the game. This is wrong.

Comment

Yep. And he's soon winging his way to play in England.

Comment

..again.

And I was being objective.

I was tempted to suggest he deliberately got a fellow player banned by faking an injury.

*Edit* I see Farr-Jones is tipping England. Thats torn it!
                            It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Farr-Jones, conveniently stirring up the poo-pot at his book launch.

He says it's the "enormous pressure" that will choke the AB's. Well, the AB's have always been under enormous pressure to win the world cup. The difference is that this year we're putting in the most talented team we've had for a long long time. I’d say there’s more pressure on the England team to win this cup, judging from what their media are saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X