Lonestar Joins Western Civilization; Gets cell phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonestar Joins Western Civilization; Gets cell phone

Well, I've finally joined the rest of the planet and gotten a cell phone. Kind of nifty, actually. A nice little Siemens from Cingular. 5000 night/weekend minutes, 500 anytime rollover minutes, no roaming for damn near anywhere of importance in the country. All for $39.99 a month (plus the $50 or so I paid for the phone)

I'm pleased.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

And the plague continues to spread..just remember people, they are all set to go off eventually, and then..

BOOM
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I don't have a cell phone.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I used to feel cell phones were stupid and an annoyance. Now I have one, and I now realize that I can't live without one.
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

See, that is how the brainwashing progresses...

It's like pod people! And next they get the handless sets so they walk around talking into a tiny mike..just like the insane..becuase that is what they have become!!!
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I've never had a cell phone, but I'll most likely be getting one in the next couple weeks. You aren't a real resident of Japan until you have a keitai.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

My condolences. Mine has been doing excellent service as a paperweight for the last two years. I can't imagine how I lived with it.
              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Cell phones are for the leashed.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                  Cell phones are for the leashed.

Lonestar:
                  Throw it in the sea while you can. Cell phones are like cigarettes: kill them befor they kill you
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

let's see, not only don't I have a cell phone, but I don't have a land line either... and I'm not deaf.
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I have a cell phone but I'm not leashed by it (mostly because I'm already leashed by my computer ). I rarely leave my house with it. I'm almost always contactable when I'm home, though...
                      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                        I used to feel cell phones were stupid and an annoyance. Now I have one, and I now realize that I can't live without one.
                        Same here. I need mine for work. I ditched the land line.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Ahhh....it's liike crack....text messages!
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Lonestar: Leaving a cell phone on in a movie theatre is an invitation for a good ol' smackdown.

(Just giving him fair warning )
                            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Finland is considered a western civilization?

Finland is considered a civilization!??!?!
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                              X