Saudi police say Barbie dolls are a "Jewish toy" and a threat to morality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi police say Barbie dolls are a "Jewish toy" and a threat to morality

Yet another digusting statement out of the Saudi government's official news media. As if their continuing claims that Jewish terrorists caused 9/11 and that Jewish boys must kill and drink the blood of Arab children wasn't enough. Now they're calling Barbie a Jewish toy to corrupt the Islamic values of the Arab world.

Here is the CNN article on the matter. I truly honestly believe the Saudis are not our friends and western governments should be working towards removing the extremist members of the royal family who support Wahabism. As if it wasn't enough that nearly all of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi we also find that nearly all of the madrasahs in Pakistan and Indonesia are funded by Saudi money. Yes, the "religious schools" which indocrinate and train terrorists are funded by none other then our "friends" in the Saudi government.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

who loves saudis? republicans love saudis! YAY!
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

The problem is the people who are prepared to repLace the House of Saud are the people who are the "intellectual" originators of the Taleban and al-Qaeda. Our choices are worse and worser.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

lets just replace them with white republican oil companies. they cant possibly be any worse than the current regime.
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Hmmm... Clinton liked them as well
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Couldn't we just split them up? Al Hasa, El Hedjaz, and El Nedj. Let the Wahhabists stew in the desert while the oil and religious territories are run by more sane people.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I agree our choices are of the devil and a demon but the current situation isn't all that tolerable either. They still haven't clamped down on terror funding. Time wrote an excellent article last month where they said all an Islamic charity has to do is fill out a one page form before sending money abroad and the Saudi government doesn't even have a single full time person hired to check the truthfulness or accuracy of the one page declaration. nstead they only check it if someone (most likely the CIA) calls and tells them so-and-so is a terrorist front.

They're still setting up Wahabist schools every where as well in which the students are taught the basic ideology of hate and jihad.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Everyone loves their money and their oil.
                “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                  clinton also liked oral sex in the oval office. blow.

i feel like americans now a day overlook anything a republican does, but has to harp on what a democrat does.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    The problem is the people who are prepared to repLace the House of Saud are the people who are the "intellectual" originators of the Taleban and al-Qaeda. Our choices are worse and worser.
                    well the intellectual originators are the Saudi clergy, who basically have a deal with the house of saud - let us control religion and culture, and you control the state and economy. When the iranian revolution threatened to spread in the islamic world, the Saudi started subsidising the spread of Wahabism as a counter. When wahabites flocked to afghanistan to fight the USSR, this was pleasing to the saudis, as well as the US. They made no connection between the "afghan arabs" and the muslim brothers who killed Sadat (who the Saudis didnt have much love for anyway) When Bib laden emerged, he was still a minor figure, and not anti-Saudi. When the US moved troops into Saudi in 1991, in connection to GW1, he turned against the House of Saud. But interestingly he never attacked on Saudi soil till this spring. And he effectively co-ruled afghanistan with the Taliban, which was recognized by only 3 countries Pakistan, UAE, and Saudi.

Now some folks think that the Saudis had a black mail deal going - dont attack within the kingdom, and we'll look the other way at funding, recruitment and other activities. Others say that the House of Saud is itself divided - rivals of the current Crown Prince may have ties to AQ.

In any case, our continued linkage to Saudi tends to compromise everthing we do and say in the War on Al qaeeda.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Lets bash the Republican some more out of stupidity! Ya!

Oh, no, I meteor might hit Earth and a few years - stupid Republicans!

Oh, no, I have explosive diarrhea - must be the Republicans fault!

Wow, a dolphin was born at Marine World - yeah democrats!

Ah, sud-up...

Seattle is messing with your brain MRT
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        Couldn't we just split them up? Al Hasa, El Hedjaz, and El Nedj. Let the Wahhabists stew in the desert while the oil and religious territories are run by more sane people.
                        The oil provinces to the Shia, a local majority, and the Hejaz to the Hashemites is an idea thats been floated. Of course the pro-stability folks are afraid the Shia would be pro-Iranian and fundie - a propostion being put to the test in Iraq as we speak.

I tend to think that carving up Saudi is not real feasible.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                          I feel like americans now a day overlook anything a republican does, but has to harp on what a democrat does.
                          I feel like americans now a day overlook anything a democrat did, but has to harp on a republican that is doing the same thing the democrat did
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                            Clinton was a Republican in practical politics, he just used his wits and charms to disguise it.
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Japher, you know i dont blame republicans for everything. I just see them as everything thats wrong with america, and american politics. Actually i see rightwing values as whats wrong with america.

I tend to think that the fact that the people that contribute to republicans campaigns (oil companies in large part) have vested interest in saudi arabia means something.

It influences foriegn policy, not based on whats good for america, but based on what will help the politician. Democrats are guilty of this too, with unions and whatnot, but unions dont support organizations that crash planes into buildings.

Comment

Working...
                              X