Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Carolina continues to enforce Unconstitutional Sodomy Law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov
    Hey, guess what...the preamble isn't law.

I suggest returning to civics.

And what your god addresses is irrelevant, since we've been established (thanks again to the Fathers) as a secular nation where your religious beliefs aren't the law of the land.

Oh, and sodomy promotes the emotional welfare of many people, because they enjoy doing it, sharing intimate physical moments with people whom they care about. It certainly doesn't have any effect on nosy moralist busybodies who should take the planck out of their own eyes before talking about the speck in someone else's.
    Very good Civics, yes I should BUT..that being said God is above the Law..and since we are talking about Law..

It is AGAINST THE LAW in North Carolina..did YOU study Civics Boris?

It is a Law and if you Break it your gonna face the consequences..clear enough Boris or do YOU need and go round with Civics?

Peace

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Troll
      Very good Civics, yes I should BUT..that being said God is above the Law..and since we are talking about Law..
      Whatever you believe god's law to be is irrelevant to civic law in a country where the law is secular.

It is AGAINST THE LAW in North Carolina..did YOU study Civics Boris?

It is a Law and if you Break it your gonna face the consequences..clear enough Boris or do YOU need and go round with Civics?
      Not only do you need to read civics more, but you also need to just read this thread. The point of it, had you been paying attention, was that the NC law is now INVALID because the UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT ruled that ANTI-SODOMY LAWS are UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Is that enough capital letters for you to now understand?
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Whatever you believe god's law to be is irrelevant to civic law in a country where the law is secular.

Not only do you need to read civics more, but you also need to just read this thread. The point of it, had you been paying attention, was that the NC law is now INVALID because the UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT ruled that ANTI-SODOMY LAWS are UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Is that enough capital letters for you to now understand?
        No I like Capital letters, and It is still against the law here, I dont know where you reside but here it is still AGAINST THE LAW..BUT..CAPS or no caps...it is wrong...and maybe whatever country sodomy majors wanna go do whatever then shame on them....

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

No I like Capital letters, and It is still against the law here, I dont know where you reside but here it is still AGAINST THE LAW..BUT..CAPS or no caps...it is wrong...and maybe whatever country sodomy majors wanna go do whatever then shame on them....
          *sigh* I don't know why I bother, since you aren't comprehending the debate. The point of this thread was that the laws were still on the books, but they are subject to the recent SCOTUS ruling and therefore will be struck down eventually. You see, in the U.S., the Supreme Court determines what laws are and aren't constitutional, and your quaint, archaic little sodomy laws are not constitutional. Ergo, while you can cling now to the fact that they are still there, the second a NC resident challenges them, they're gone.

You'll note that sodomy was legal in all but 11 U.S. states until this ruling, and soon it will be legal in all of them. So that country you abhor so much will be the U.S.A.

I wish you'd reserve your shame for judgmental hypocrites who are busy worrying about what others do in their bedrooms. But you'd have to shame yourself...
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

*sigh* I don't know why I bother, since you aren't comprehending the debate. The point of this thread was that the laws were still on the books, but they are subject to the recent SCOTUS ruling and therefore will be struck down eventually. You see, in the U.S., the Supreme Court determines what laws are and aren't constitutional, and your quaint, archaic little sodomy laws are not constitutional. Ergo, while you can cling now to the fact that they are still there, the second a NC resident challenges them, they're gone.

You'll note that sodomy was legal in all but 11 U.S. states until this ruling, and soon it will be legal in all of them. So that country you abhor so much will be the U.S.A.

I wish you'd reserve your shame for judgmental hypocrites who are busy worrying about what others do in their bedrooms. But you'd have to shame yourself...
            I do not consider wasting time witnessing to the lost. I take it you defending Sodomy so staunchly see no harm in it?

Ok, thats your choice, my archaic laws? Not "MY LAWS" but the state I live in.

Do I think its wrong?

YES!

What I do in my bedroom, yes...but you dont know, although you may want to you would be hardpressed to because its behind closed doors and shut drapes and blinds..

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

I take it you defending Sodomy so staunchly see no harm in it?
              None that requires the government to stick its nose into the private affairs of people in their homes. I've engaged in sodomy numerous times, and I can attest to it not having harmed me.

On the contrary, it allowed me to share physical intimacy with people I have cared about.

Regardless, it's not your nor your friends' business to tell me what is good or bad for me via legal fiat when I'm in private with the person I choose to be in private with.

Hey, if the people of NC decided it was okay to tell you that you couldn't read the Bible in your own home, would you object? I mean, if they collectively decided the Bible was bad for people and banned reading it, out of the common good. Under your logic, they could do so, because the majority says so.

Or how about if they started dictating whom you could marry? Would you like that law?

Ok, thats your choice, my archaic laws? Not "MY LAWS" but the state I live in.
              Which, as has been discussed ad infinitum, have been rendered null and void by the SCOTUS and will soon be gone.

Do I think its wrong?

YES!
              And as stated above, fortunately, you can't inflict your religious morality on other people. So if you think it's wrong, I'd strongly advise you to not engage in sodomy. Otherwise, mind your own business and leave other people who choose to do it in their own homes alone. Why do you have to stick your nose into other people's business? Go away, you perverted busybody, and stop telling people what to do. See what Jesus said about the speck and the plank.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• See what kind of BS I have to put up with? If it wasn't for the nice climate in the Mountains I'd really rather leave it.
                "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Thorn
                  See what kind of BS I have to put up with? If it wasn't for the nice climate in the Mountains I'd really rather leave it.
                  I feel your pain Thorn
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor

I feel your pain Thorn
                    No no, I don't think you want to feel that pain.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Well, I sure intend to have a homosexual experience at least once in my life though.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• I'll remember that next year when I plan my next vacation.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Don't hold your breath.

When I'm talking about my lifetime, I'm talking about the 70 odd years that separate me from death

Comment

• See what kind of BS I have to put up with? If it wasn't for the nice climate in the Mountains I'd really rather leave it.
                            Why dont u leave it then there mountains elsewhere. And Asheville sucks Gaston rules
                            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• I've engaged in sodomy numerous times, and I can attest to it not having harmed me.

Why do you need to assert that something does not harm you if privacy is all you care about?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                                Why do you need to assert that something does not harm you if privacy is all you care about?
                                I think he tried to use arguments Troll could understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X