Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Carolina continues to enforce Unconstitutional Sodomy Law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, for one, sex is closer to hunger and thirst,
    Eh?

So lack of sex kills someone?

Somebody better tell the convents.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• drinking booze is a universal human constant also. And there are all kinda regs on that.

Comment

• And since when is sodomy a human constant?

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO
          And since when is sodomy a human constant?
          Since when are you such an ass?

Alchohol and Cigarettes will eventually be outlawed altogether, though enforcing of this principle is a bit hard, see the attempt at Prohibition.
          "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

• Wasn't the right to have sex in public enshrined in the first amendment ? How come all of you puritanical people oppose free speech like that ?!?!

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Thorn
              Alchohol and Cigarettes will eventually be outlawed altogether, though enforcing of this principle is a bit hard, see the attempt at Prohibition.
              And we'll all live in cities on the moon?
              Drugs like heroin harmful insofar as people who take them can grow so desperate for more as to rob people to pay for them. The sexual equivalent would be...rape, I guess, except that rape is psychologically profiled as motivated by dominance issues most of the time, as opposed to plain horniness which just causes jerking off.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Thorn
                They can take away my beer only if they pry it from my cold, dead hands!

But then, I think possession (not for the purposes of trafficking) of illicit drugs should be decriminalized in all cases, and those people who are addicted treated as what they are: people in need of medical help, not criminals in need of locking up. The traffickers can still rot in prison, though, especially those dealing to minors. I haven't yet decided on whether cocaine/heroin/etc should just be legalized & taxed outright like tobacco & alcohol (I do think marijuana should be legalized), though I think logically it would be more consistent and drive a stake through the heart of many of the criminal drug dealers.
                "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

• How come all of you puritanical people oppose free speech like that
                  Who talks during sex?
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

drinking booze is a universal human constant also. And there are all kinda regs on that.
                    What regs regulate drinking booze in your own home?
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

And since when is sodomy a human constant?
                      You don't think sex is a constant? Of course, for gays, any method of sex for them is designated "sodomy." Nice catch-22.

Regardless, the government has to show a compelling state interest in prohibiting such activity in private. SCOTUS just ruled that such a compelling interest does not exist when balanced with individual freedoms.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH
                        Ooooh, always fancied being done in a law library.
                        been there, done that.

Comment

• I am a Yankee by birth and a southerner by the Grace of God..

I live and work and have a family and own a home in the Great State of North Carolina.
                          I am a Christian and I agree that we should not only have a law against Sodomy but prosecute them that would violate that law. Th same for all laws broken..

BUT..I have a problem with the way the court goes about doing these things, sometimes they throw out the baby with the bathwater, sometimes if you know someone or are yourselves someone, often times you get a pass, not right but it happens.

I am not what I call a "Puritan" but simply a citizen of the United States and a citizen of North Carolina. I live in a county with a Christian Sherriff, Ed Brown. He has been doing much to clean up immorral and illegal activities.

Question-Is Sodomy the end of all things and the worse thing that could happen to someone? Perhaps the point could be argued one way or another. BUT..it is Illegal and it is Immoral. So although some will debate some will dislike, perhaps a more pleasant alternative would be taking a ride of one of our very beautiful interstae highway sytems..

I-40

I-95

I-85

I-77

That is. Ifin you dont like, LEAVE!!

OR

Dont do it..
                          Peace

Grandpa Troll
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Fortunately, the U.S. Constitution was written to protect those who aren't part of your religious club from you and your friends' attempts to legislate your own morality and dictate to people what they should be doing in the privacy of their own homes.

Founding Fathers
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                              Fortunately, the U.S. Constitution was written to protect those who aren't part of your religious club from you and your friends' attempts to legislate your own morality and dictate to people what they should be doing in the privacy of their own homes.

Founding Fathers
                              Really?

I didnt realize that? I wasnt around to ask them about religious clubs? I am not a member of any religious clubs....

I am a Christain and God addresses that very issue of unnatural acts being an abomination unto him.

As for our Constitution;

The Constitution of the United States of America

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Do you think Sodomy promotes the general welfare of its people?

Do you think that Sodomy helps secure the blessngs of liberty?

By the way this is the preamble of the U S Constitution

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Hey, guess what...the preamble isn't law.

I suggest returning to civics.

And what your god addresses is irrelevant, since we've been established (thanks again to the Fathers) as a secular nation where your religious beliefs aren't the law of the land.

Oh, and sodomy promotes the emotional welfare of many people, because they enjoy doing it, sharing intimate physical moments with people whom they care about. It certainly doesn't have any effect on nosy moralist busybodies who should take the planck out of their own eyes before talking about the speck in someone else's.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X