No announcement yet.

'safer with their dads'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Che might be on to something there, though I'm not capable of doing the regression analysis needed to determine the correlations:

"AVERAGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE UNDER 18 IN HOUSEHOLDS:

Married: .91
    Male Householder: .85
    Female Householder: 1.21"

Comment

Che:

Yeah, we don't know how many in each, but it seems reasonable that given the size of the sample that the ratio approach unity.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Okay, since the only difference in these numbers has to come from families with either a single mom or a single dad, excluding the 'other' category

Male Householder: .85
        Female Householder: 1.21
        Then the size ratio works out to be 1.42 in favour of the mother.

So, if we have 2x greater chance (or 100%) for the mother's children being abused, with a sample size 1.42x as large:

1.72x as likely or 72% increased chance of being abused by giving the child to the mother, rather than the father.

I'm not sure if that's statistically significant or not.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It is.

Comment

I'm not sure I follow that math. I'm not very good at math any more.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
            X