No announcement yet.

How to End Racism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then please Imran, enlighten me as what point you and Ramo are trying to make with regard to Muslim countries and women presidents.

Reading comprehension is a problem with you, eh? Obviously, countries that have had women leaders treat women fairly well. So to look at Iran and say this is how Muslim women are treated everywhere is utterly foolish. Why? Because other Muslim states have had women leaders, showing that they aren't treated Taliban-like in all Islam.

I made a throwaway quote in reference to women and Islam in my first quote, and you decided to pick up on it

So that means I equate racism = sexism?

Yes, of course the rule is that you MUST stay on topic!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran, my dear boy, you are living in a fantasy world. There is nothing wrong with my reading ability. If you carefully look back, you will find that there is no reference in either your or Ramo's posts about countries that have women leaders treat women well. As you did not post it, I could not read it.

It seems as though you are the one with a comprehension problem my friend.

You just implied there that women are treated well in Pakistan (as they have had a female president). I guess we have different standards on what fair treatment is then.

I originally started off in this thread to refute the argument that Islam will solve racism. I am in awe of your persistence in defence of it Imran.

So let's get back to the original topic; do you agree with rina's position, or were you just spoiling for a good argument tonight?

I hope rina is enjoying the show.
      STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

funniest thread title I've seen in a loooooooong time
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

If you carefully look back, you will find that there is no reference in either your or Ramo's posts about countries that have women leaders treat women well.

If you cannot see that that was obviously implied in those statements then you do have a reading comprehension problem .

I originally started off in this thread to refute the argument that Islam will solve racism.

No, you started off this thread to obviously knock down Islam a peg. After all, why would you talk about women and unbelievers? If you were really trying to refute the argument that Islam will solve racism, your remarks would have been confined to that, wouldn't it?

And, btw, no religion can solve racism, no matter what it is. It is much deeper than that.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I still struggle to find how religious discrimination = racism. They simply aren't the same thing.
            On a different note, mathematicians throughout the world recently announced the discovery that two plus two does not in fact equal four, contrary to the supposition of the past several milennia. I find that rather interesting, don't you?
            Note that by "interesting," I do not mean, "correct." But it is rather interesting insofar as it proves the extent of our world's drug problem, isn't it? There's so much to know out there and so little time to find it all out.
            Mr. Owl says, "woo, woo." Why aren't you woo-ing back, you owl-hater bigot?
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Imran, I'm afraid that you too must then have a problem with reading.

You see, I was not trying to take Islam down a peg in my opening post, yet you imply that this is what I was trying to achieve. Like I said, I was refuting rina's argument, and you decided I meant something else entirely.

If you want to accuse me of this, I suggest you look at your own posts. One could jump to the conclusion that you entered this thread to bring Christianity down a peg.

These smilies are certainly getting a workout tonight.

Comment

I was not trying to take Islam down a peg in my opening post, yet you imply that this is what I was trying to achieve. Like I said, I was refuting rina's argument, and you decided I meant something else entirely.

Then why bring in things totally unrelated to rina's argument? Sexism and dealing with the unreligious are totally unrelated to racism.

One could jump to the conclusion that you entered this thread to bring Christianity down a peg.

I am... bringing it down to a similar peg as you've brought down Islam.

Comment

OK Imran, I am going to try and explain this once more:

The reference to women was a throwaway remark. You're the one who just said that we're allowed to go off-topic. I guess that's what I did here.

I think it's quite sad that you set out to attack Christianity; despite what you might think my original post was only aimed at disproving what rina wrote, and was not meant to be a damning indictment of Islam.

If it's not too personal a question Imran, would you mind me asking what religion you are?

It was fun arguing with you, but I have to go too bed. It's 1.30 am over here, and I've got mass at 9.00 am to get up to. Have a good night.

Comment

If it's not too personal a question Imran, would you mind me asking what religion you are?

I am a Deist. I don't belong to any organized religion.

Comment

Hmm, I take it the Deist church takes a while to file its tax-exemption forms then.
                      (the wine's worn off by now, I'm just feeling stupid).
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Re: How to End Racism

Originally posted by rina
                                    People must realize that God created all humans from one couple, thus making the entire human race one large extended family. God says:“ O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord who created you from a single soul (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife (Eve); and from the two of them He spread abroad a multitude of men and women” (Qur'an 4:1).
                        i don't believe in god, none of this is relevent.

Furthermore, we must understand that no race is superior to another. We appreciate a garden having many different flowers because we realize that each adds something to the beauty of the entire arrangement. This is why we do not object to the color of any flower. In a similar way we can see the world as a garden decorated with people of different colors. Let us appreciate that each variety of people contributes something to the spice of life in this world. God says:“ O mankind! We have created you male and female , and have made you nations and tribes that you may know each other. Verily, (start w/this word). The noblest of you in the sight of Allah*, is the most pious (righteous) of you” (Qur'an 49:13).
                        ignoring the biblical/koran crap again, this is outright bullsh*t. there are differences in the races, no matter how much you want to deny it.

The noblest are the most obedient to God. Such persons may belong to nay race or country. What really matters is their conduct and behavior. The prophet Mohammad* publicly declared that Arabs are not superior to non-Arabs, and one color is not superior to another. In a day when light-skinned people could not imagine a black person as their leader, the prophet appointed a black person Usaamah, the son of zaid, as a leader.
                        again, religious crap. it's a good moral system to enstill on a people, but theres no need to make it religious.

As a result of following these teachings, many people have banished racism from their thoughts and actions. You can still see racial harmony today in the mosques of cosmopolitan cities. You will find people of various colors worshipping together, all with equal status before God. Rich or poor, black or white, kind or pauper all line up side by side to worship. No special preference is given to anyone based on color or social status. The leader in a mosque is appointed for his learning in the religious sciences, regardless of skin color. There is no such concept as a 'black mosque' or 'white mosque'. Islam removes such destructive concepts.
                        aren't there shi'tte and other mosques? or do they all suicide bomb the same mosque on opposing weeks?
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

I am a Deist. I don't belong to any organized religion.
                          Deist, heretic, heathen -- all the same, right?
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Deist, heretic, heathen -- all the same, right?
                            says the sodomist.
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Whoa, there's a religion for sodomy?! Man, where have I been. Wonder what those services are like...woo!
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                                Who to end racism? - Massive interracial breeding So, get out their and do your civic duty and have sex with other races (not species, we need to keep it clean)...

Once we all are browin-ish yellow then we abolish all forms of religion and disban all political parties...

Then, we will all be happy.
                                I have a biology teacher who is asian, black, or white, but I have no idea which. Enough people like that in the world and racism becomes impractical.
                                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X