Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about a Poly Fantasy Hockey league??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously everyone was scared off by my incredible knowledge of hockey.
    Before my time, old man.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Okay, I've set up an Apolyton NHL fantasy league on Yahoo.

If you want to join, go to:
      Yahoo Fantasy Hockey. Create or join a NHL league and manage your team with live scoring, stats, scouting reports, news, and expert advice.

Click "sign up now"

Then click "Join custom league"

Enter the league #25052
      Then the password: civ3
      Golfing since 67

Comment

I'm doing some fine tuning and will explain how the system works in a bit.
        Golfing since 67

Comment

This is a rotisserie league. It sounds complicated at first, but it is actually quite easy.

12 people can play.

The league is set on default Yahoo rules. See

Or read below:

SCORING
          You get points for the following categories:
          Goals
          Assists
          Plus/Minus
          Penalty minutes
          Power Play Point
          Game Winning Goals

Goalie wins
          Goal against Average
          Save percentage
          Shut Outs

If your team has the most goals in the league, you get 12 points. If your team has the least goals, you get one point. Same applies to all the other categories.

So the maximum points your team can have is 120 (10 categories X 12)

DRAFT
          The draft will be live, online Friday, October 3 at 11:20am Central Standard Time, 12:20pm EST

If you can't make the live draft, click "My Team" then click "Edit Pre-rankings". The system will then automatically draft your players based on this list. If your top player is already drafted, it goes to your second pick.

Note: some people say goaltenders are the most important because there are very few top goaltenders. Think about that when you're drafting your team.

YOUR TEAM
          You will be able to pick
          Two Centres
          Two Left Wingers
          Two Right Wingers
          Four Defencemen
          Two goalies.

Four bench players

You can only play 82 games for each individual position (For example, a total of 164 for your two centre players). Once you hit the maximum, the stats earned by the player no longer counts.

The system keeps track of the games you have used, how many are left, and projected games played. Go to "My Team" then click "View Current Info".

MANAGING YOUR TEAM
          You need to decide which players you're going to play for each game. You can do this on a daily basis or in advance. I usually spend about 30 minutes on the weekends setting my team up for the next week.

Why bench a player? Let's say you have Kevin Weekes and Carolina is playing the Avs. You might decide to bench Weekes because you figure the Avs are going to score big time. If you bench him, then his stats for that game won't count.

PICK UP/DROP PLAYERS
          You can pick up any player that is a free agent (someone no one else has on their team). But you can only have a maximum of 16 players on your team. So if you pick up a new player, you have to drop another player.

You can pick-up and drop as many players as you like.

TRADES
          You can make as many trades as you like, but all trades must be approved by the managers (majority to veto a trade).
          Golfing since 67

Comment

One last thing: Put your poly name in brackets with your team name so we know who is who.
            Golfing since 67

Comment

I'm in - you can never be in too many pools.

Comment

So what do people think about Hasek. Is he going to come back in top form? He does have an incredible defence in front of him, but he was off for a year and he's getting old.

And what about Potvin. Will he make the difference for the Bruins?
                Golfing since 67

Comment

three people so far, need at least seven more
                  Golfing since 67

Comment

I'll do it later... plenty of time .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I joined...Sava? Imran?

Comment

Yahoo keeps refusing my application.

IExpore keeps crashing!

I will have to join later.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'm in... damn, I wanted a fun name "The Devils Went Down to Georgia" but it was too long . So I instead picked the more boring Georgia Devils.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

We've got four spots available in the league. The draft is Friday so sign up before then if you want to join. By the way, you need a yahoo e-mail account to join.

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey. Create or join a NHL league and manage your team with live scoring, stats, scouting reports, news, and expert advice.

Click "sign up now"

Then click "Join custom league"

Enter the league #25052
                            Then the password: civ3
                            Golfing since 67

Comment

I'll not be able to be on line for the draft, in the middle of the night, my time.
                              I'm sending a list to Imran.

Comment

If draft time is a problem for a lot of people, we could always do it here and then uploaded it to Yahoo.
                                Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                                X