• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critical Boston Mass, huh?
    -30-

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
      I think anyone who is interested in someone's colour is suspect for racism.
      Hell no. I only got to thinking that every time I thought about an Apolytoner, I had this image in my head of a pale white dude, between 14 and 25 years of age, who drinks too much Coca Cola, and watches South Park. Then I decided that there must be something wrong with this mental image, and set about finding out. I'm not the least racist, and I strongly object to being called one

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

AH is a troll, never take him seriously.
        nice bump, btw.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't have let him get to me

And thanks for the props

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean

I strongly object to being called one

Asmodean
            Thread like this put you on my suspect list. Its always the same people who start these threads.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

All over the place...

White on my mothers side, Jewish (Mesopotamian) -> Hispanic -> Indian on my fathers. At a push, and on my appearance, hispanic.
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

dude, Jews aren't mesopotamian. Even the ancient Israelites weren't. There probably were a couple of warlords that came from mesopotamia to control this land, but most of the culture, the language, the ancient alphabete, and whatnot are canaanite.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

The Jewish "race" as it were, is an offshoot of the Caucasians that developed in the area now Iraq/Iran.

These are the people that became the ancient Israelites. My dads side of the family fought alongside the Muslims (as many Jews did.. ironically) in the middle ages, when expanding accross North Africa and up into the Iberian peninsula, where they remained until the late 1400's when the inquisition kicked out the Jews. Ended up in Portugese port of Goa in India.
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

that's very correct, but that happened in a prehistoric era, before the establishment of Jericho. Maybe the biblical story goes back there, MAYBE, but I somehow doubt it.

oh, and Goa?
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Azazel: If you are taking the Israelites to mean a people in biblical times, then you are correct. I'm talking antropologically (is that a word? ) and a rough guess would be 10'000-15'000 years (circa end of ice age).

Incidentally, there is evidence that the "Noah's Ark" story has its roots in a catestrophic flood caused when the Med flowed into the Black Sea at the end of the last ice age, about that period. Taken literally, that could mean biblical times.

Comment

we're in full agreement on both accounts.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

When was the last time that happened??

Comment

when discussing libertarianism, of course.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Human. My pigmentation level is quite low.
                              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                                And you don't believe in the co-incidence that both the Niger river and the people of the N-word origins from Africa? Is Niger the aboriginal name of the river or something invented by white imperialists?
                                "******" is a slangy derivative of "Negro." It didn't come into usage until the 18th century.

"Niger" is Latin for "black," of course, but the origins of the name "Niger" for the areas of Africa are thousands of years removed from the word "******," and there's certainly no conscious connection.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X