Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alabama Tax Referendum (a good Republican!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I originally thought this thread was going to be about oxymorons -- I just had that assumption from the thread's title, that's all.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I don't believe in 'fair' taxes. I think the rich should pay more.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

I don't believe in 'fair' taxes. I think the rich should pay more.
        So you basically want punitive taxes - punish the rich for being rich.

Gee, what an enlightened world we live in, where we punish success and reward the poor
        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Have you ever been poor?

You know it's much, much easier to be rich if you start off rich and really hard to get rich if you start poor? Despite the myth of the American Dream.
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Then feel free to run out right away and give your money to the first poor people you meet.

Comment

The government has that all organised for me so I don't need to do it directly.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                The government has that all organised for me so I don't need to do it directly.
                No they have oganized that all for you so they can steal half the money and give to themselves and their crooked cohorts.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Not the young man who inquired about joining his group.
                  Berzerker:

So should all followers of Christ give up all their possessions to the poor?

Also, I notice a conspicuous absence of the quote to give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's. The question is not, how much would Jesus tax? Jesus leaves that to the civil authorities, rather than setting an exact amount.

I personally favour a flat tax, with a rather high exemption. That seems to work really well for Alberta, attracting investment, while encouraging people to save. How much can you save if you have to pay 50% of your income in federal and provincial taxes?
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                    No they have oganized that all for you so they can steal half the money and give to themselves and their crooked cohorts.
                    I live in the UK, our government's not quite as blatant about that as yours.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd

So you basically want punitive taxes - punish the rich for being rich.

Gee, what an enlightened world we live in, where we punish success and reward the poor
                      It's not punishment... it's making the people who BENEFIT from a system, contribute to help people that are starving, sick, and can't find work. If there was a level playing field, then your argument might have some merit. But then again, all poor people are lazy right Floyd?

One has to wonder about libertarians and their true motives if they are against helping the people dealt an unfair hand by society. Hopefully one day they will realize how inane their selfish policies are.

I can always tell the difference between a good libertarian and a selfish one. A good libertarian would be decrying the state of Alabama's dreadful regressive policies. Selfish ones rip on the poor for being poor and champion the cause of the rich.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Don't tell David but I'd also support beheading for really rich people, just to teach them.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Feed the Poor! Eat the Rich!
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

From the phrase "a good republican" and the fact that Sava was the author, I expected a thread about a dead republican. Goes to show that you never really know, I guess.
                            Anyway, as strange as it is for me to be the cynical one for a change, this could conceivably be just another move for popular approval. If, as the article says, the referendum isn't likely to make it, the man might be setting himself up as a "Mr. Smith goes to Washington"-type martyr for the people. It's not that this is necessarily the case, but it's possible. I don't know the man himself so this is just speculation that he might be pulling a Dubya.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                            X