No announcement yet.

Fundies "cure" autistic boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all honesty, I take "religion must be destroyed" much less seriously than he would take the equivalent comment about homosexuals simply because it ain't gonna happen in our case; history has shown us time and time again that you don't screw with religious minorities. We all either grow stronger as a consequence or else start fighting back. Nobody's nuts enough to try it today, and there'd be deep public disapproval for such an action anyway. Homosexuals, on the other hand...
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Eh, see my sig. Insults of the kind earlier are all a part of what Christians should expect. Best to overlook them and to deal with the sincere questions.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogan Josh
        Just because he was an evil man does not (and should not) imply anything about priests in general or about religious people in general. After all, he was also a homosexual - but no-one would dare link his homosexuality to his crimes....
        Uh, wrong. The priest was wasn't a homosexual. His therapist noted in the trial that the priest had overpowering urges for two types: little kids (both male and female, as numerous females had accused him), and adult women. He was a heterosexual pedophile.

The vast majority of men who who molest young boys are heterosexual, not homosexual. Pedophilia is not related to sexual orientation.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
          Uh, wrong. The priest was wasn't a homosexual. His therapist noted in the trial that the priest had overpowering urges for two types: little kids (both male and female, as numerous females had accused him), and adult women. He was a heterosexual pedophile.
          Hmmm.... lets see.... how should we define 'homosexual' then?

Isn't someone who is sexual attracted to people of the same sex a good enough definition for you anymore? A lot of these kids were definitely male. I suppose technically he is bisexual, since he was attracted to both sexes, but that would be nit picking....

But there is no need to feel so threaten Boris, I wasn't suggesting that all homosexuals molest children.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogan Josh
            Isn't someone who is sexual attracted to people of the same sex a good enough definition for you anymore? A lot of these kids were definitely male. I suppose technically he is bisexual, since he was attracted to both sexes, but that would be nit picking....
            Read some psychology, because it's you who are missing the point. His pedophilia wasnot related to his sexual orientation. He was a heterosexual when it comes to his adult sexual desires--he had no attraction to adult men, but did have it for adult women. His molesting boys and girls doesn't make him bisexual or homosexual, it makes him a pedophile. Pedophilia is a power/dominance issue.

I wasn't threatened, I was correcting your false assertion as to his sexuality. You see, it's bad assumptions like yours that lead other people to conclude there is some sort of correlation between sexual orienation and pedophilia, when in reality the gender of the victims does not indicate the sexual orientation of the perpetrator.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
              Read some psychology, because it's you who are missing the point. His pedophilia wasnot related to his sexual orientation. He was a heterosexual when it comes to his adult sexual desires--he had no attraction to adult men, but did have it for adult women. His molesting boys and girls doesn't make him bisexual or homosexual, it makes him a pedophile. Pedophilia is a power/dominance issue.
              Then why are some pedophiles only attracted to girls and not boys?

I wasn't threatened, I was correcting your false assertion as to his sexuality. You see, it's bad assumptions like yours that lead other people to conclude there is some sort of correlation between sexual orienation and pedophilia, when in reality the gender of the victims does not indicate the sexual orientation of the perpetrator.
              Arggghhhh! That was the whole point of my post!!! Anyone with half a brain would not think that there was a corelation between pedophilia and homosexuality. I was trying to point out that linking his pedophialia to his religion is equally stupid!

But the very fact that you are so keen to point out that he was not a homosexual reinforces the idea that you feel somehow associated with the actions of all homosexuals, which to be frank, is totally bizarre.

Talk about missing the point.....

Comment

Hey, these jellybeans are kosher!!!!
                -30-

Comment

obiwan: bah, all the Mennonites I've ever run into have been far too friendly and pacifistic to count as fundies.
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

...and by Mennonites, we mean Buddhists, right?
                    -30-

Comment

Mennonites are a German sect of pacafist Christians.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

some of whom are very fond of horse buggies
                        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                          Will that book cure cancer?
                          Yes, but only if you sleep with it under your pillow and drink a glass of water before bed time.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Did the boys parents consent to this?

Seems to be an easy fix here. Bomb the redneck states. Everyone's a winner.

Comment

Working...
                            X