The Eternal War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH
    They aren't eroding freedoms, they have never had them to be taken away.
    What can you do that I cannot ?
    Statistical anomaly.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

What can you do that I cannot ?

Buy Nazi paraphenalia?
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yeah, cos that's the sort of thing that makes you shout "God bless America" when you get out of bed every morning.
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Hey, I might want buy some Nazi memorabilia if it had some sort of historical value. Nice to know I can do that and not be a criminal.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

You cannot advertize nazi stuff, but you can buy and sell authentic pieces of collection. I really dont miss modern copies of nazi stuff.
            Statistical anomaly.
            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten All joking aside, I just wanted to point out that, despite our faults, America is far from the worst country when it comes to civil rights infringement.
              Very true, ours are much worse, I like the US ideals of freedom though (if not always the execution of them) I think it's worth preserving them.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX

asian is now "unwhite", and black is now "doubleplusunwhite".

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                  what scares me is that we have idiot citizens who are more than willing to give up rights in the name of security.

*******s that are ruining it for the rest of us.
                  Just do what Caveman Bush tells us to do with no questions ask.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

1984 was a good year.
                    -30-

Comment

1984 was a good year.
                      1776 was a better one though.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Never read 1984. Had crossed my mind to do so, but it seems I'm already living it.

Comment

Orwell was always considered a bit of a traitor by the left because he hated the SU so much.

Thats the left for you
                          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

You silly silly gits.

You go on and on about your government failing to gather intelligence to protect your security, but then you tell it to gather the intelligence using magic, since everybody's freedom and privacy must be protected.

You want your government to secure you from terrorism, yet you disallow it to remove terror-supporting governments or fight with people that wouldn't hesitate about killing you.

I hope you won't be forced to the same conclusions, like we Israelis are. But you probably will be.

You consider your lives to be naturally secure, easy and free. Well it ain't. There are people out to kill you, cheat you and abuse you.

And you can't get all the rights in the world without freaking limitations. And when things get tough, the limitations increase, to protect more basic rights - like the rights to life and property.

I know that each time I walk into a mall, my life is possibly in direct danger. So I don't mind a security guard looking at my stuff. What is he going to find trhere already and who is he going to tell? I am not a killer, and I wouldn't store body parts in my bag anyways.

And I already had my bags checked after I bought stuff at a sex shop, which could potentially be emberassing. But you know what? The guard doesn't care! He could smirk or wink at me, but he didn't bother. He has a life to live, instead of judging me.

So yes, I waver my right to privacy, when I have to show my bag to the security guard. But I know I protect my right to life.

Someday, you people will understand that rights are NOT natural and don't exist out of pure air. Rights are to be fought for, to be sacrificed for.

Comment

Thousands of secret US documents now declassified have been synthesised in a book, The Pinochet File, by Peter Kornbluh of Washington's investigative National Security Archives.

The documents detail the crude workings of Washington during the Cold War. "It is firm and continuing policy that Allende be overthrown by a coup," reads a CIA document from 1970. "It is imperative that these actions be implemented clandestinely and securely so that the US government and American hand be well hidden."

Two days after this document was written, top CIA officials proposed a terrorist campaign to stun the Chilean people into accepting a military regime. "Concur giving tear gas canisters and gas masks... working on obtaining machine-guns," reads a CIA memo.

- Guardian.
                              Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

Sirotnikov , there is a reason why I'd never live in Isreal, but if I wanted my life to be like that I'd move there. Everyday one of you twe sides is blowing the crap out of the over, personaly I think the rest of the world should ignore you, as both sides deserve eachover. Isreal is an unjust invader/oppressor, Hamas & co are fanatical murderers.

Anyway

You can whistle merrily on the road to state-dictatorship, you can allow yourself to be manipulated by the use of terrorism by governernments and fringe-groups into accepting anything, but not me. If my government wants to play evil games abroad and then pretend to be all shocked and outraged when the blowback hits these shores, and then furthermore use that as an excuse to take away my freedoms... then I will loudly protest.
                                Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

Working...
                                X