No announcement yet.

The Eternal War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mind you, a lot of these "virgins" do everything but intercourse.

Well, then they're only technically virgins, you know what I mean...
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
      political correctness is the start of 'new speak'.
      It's not political correctness that produces newspeak- it's 'political' bullsh!t that does. And 'political' euphemisms used by the military, corporate entities, politicians, spin doctors- garbage like 'collateral damage'- oh, don't you mean dead people?
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Pop quiz

A "premature impact of plane with terrain" is:

a. Crash
        b. on-time flight
        c. emergency landing
        d. bush wet his pants
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Anybody using New-Speak? Double-plus-good?
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

It's not political correctness that produces newspeak- it's 'political' bullsh!t that does. And 'political' euphemisms used by the military, corporate entities, politicians, spin doctors- garbage like 'collateral damage'- oh, don't you mean dead people?
            Doubleplusgood point. There's a whole host of media-sanitised terms used to describe modern slaughters. Some of them are simply the truth in plain sight so nobody will notice, for instance 'Targeted Bombing' often blasts away civilians cowering in shelters, journalists and hospitals. (The West of course never admits it's use of terror tactics to demoralise 'enemy' civilian populations to it's own squeemish voting public).
            Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

Originally posted by problem_child

Doubleplusgood point. There's a whole host of media-sanitised terms used to describe modern slaughters. Some of them are simply the truth in plain sight so nobody will notice, for instance 'Targeted Bombing' often blasts away civilians cowering in shelters, journalists and hospitals. (The West of course never admits it's use of terror tactics to demoralise 'enemy' civilian populations to it's own squeemish voting public).
              You shouldn´t say that it "often blasts away civilians cowering in shelters, journalists and hospitals"

Just use the Term:
              It sometimes produces collateral Damage

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

asian is now "unwhite", and black is now "doubleplusunwhite".

That post is far better than this **** thread deserves.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

How can you say this thread's ****? Your country is the western country where the most freedoms are currently being eroded.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Your country is the western country where the most freedoms are currently being eroded.

Bollocks. France is a hell of a lot worse than we are.

And this thread is ****. Comparing the current world situation to 1984? Orwell must be rolling over in his grave...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

France is eroding freedoms of their citizens? Where?
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

France is eroding freedoms of their citizens? Where?

You don't know about their restrictions on freedom of speech? Or the wide powers they give their internal security organization to spy on their own citizens?

edit: A good article on the differences between French and American laws regarding the investigation of suspected terrorists. Seems the Patriot Act just moved America a little bit closer to France on this issue...
                        Last edited by Drake Tungsten; September 9, 2003, 07:33.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

They aren't eroding freedoms, they have never had them to be taken away.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Although if you are happy to become more like France then I guess that's Ok.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

what scares me is that we have idiot citizens who are more than willing to give up rights in the name of security.

*******s that are ruining it for the rest of us.
                              B♭3

Comment

Although if you are happy to become more like France then I guess that's Ok.

I certainly don't want to become more like France. In fact, I consider its very Frenchness to be the most damning condemnation of the Patriot Act.

All joking aside, I just wanted to point out that, despite our faults, America is far from the worst country when it comes to civil rights infringement.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X