No announcement yet.

America exporting it's fat treats to London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look, whatever you (Skywalker) and Paiktis do together should be kept private -- spare us any lurid details, ok?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
        Well, being from The Netherlands, Starbuck won't stand a chance here. Here we have REAL coffeeshops...
        we use to

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

@ MrFun

Comment

Paiktis, In the US were call those TV dinners, they suck. I hate microwaved food period, I like my food as fresh as possible. You should come to Minnesota and try Walleye, our state fish which is a fresh water relative of salmon. VERY GOOD WHEN BEER-BATTERED!!!

Comment

Imran, you're not hallucinating -- that's two -- count them TWO laughs at my joke all in ONE thread.

amazing . . . . . .
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I like Turkish coffee yet outside of a few Balkan type restaurants it is very hard to find in the US.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Of course there is sex and washing, but she should be doing nothing else apart from those three
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    I like Turkish coffee yet outside of a few Balkan type restaurants it is very hard to find in the US.
                    Come in Germany ! That's the only place where I drank Turkish Coffee (granted, it was a Turkish colleague of mine who made it ).
                    I loved it. I found it much better than the (already good and tasty) coffee I drink in France.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

This is all part of the master plan. First we export the junk food and make them all fat then we move in with Jenny Craig and all the other weightless experts and make them pay us to make them skinny again. MUWHAHAHA!

Comment

There is an actual krispy kreme bakery about an hour away from where i used to live. So I was at a local 24 hour waffle shop at like 10 when we started having a discussion on fast eating contests, and my friend was bragging about this guy who won a doughnut eating contest. So we drove to the krispy kreme shop, and you could see the doughnuts rolling off the assembly line, and we bought a few dozen. I managed to eat 9* in one minute, and 15* in three minutes. I felt kinda sick afterwards, but I'd eaten more in a minute than the champ had, though he ate more in three minutes, so I guess I didn't beat his record. So I'll always think about that night when I think of krispy kreme...

*I'll ask my friend to make sure of the numbers. She wrote a short story about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                          Make it yourself- just go to a coffee shop (one that sells and grinds beans) or a Middle Eastern/Greek/Turkish supermarket and they sell it ready pulverized.

Then all you need is hot water, ground cardamom and rose water. And a saucepan. And sugar.

I make it myself most weeks.
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                            Make it yourself- just go to a coffee shop (one that sells and grinds beans) or a Middle Eastern/Greek/Turkish supermarket and they sell it ready pulverized.

Then all you need is hot water, ground cardamom and rose water. And a saucepan. And sugar.

I make it myself most weeks.
                            I'd want to get one of those authentic single serving Turkish coffee brewing tins. They're cool with their little handles.

I have made it before but always from a pre-ground mix which I just had to boil. I love that thick mud at the bottom of the cup and that almost to sweet taste.

Comment

On Toorak Road near where I live we have a Greek and a Lebanese restaurant- they're both very good indeed.

And they serve excellent coffee.

Turkish coffee goes very well with pistachio halva, almond Turkish delight, and stuffed dates.

Actually it goes very well with typing this post....
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Bastard! Rubbing it in...

Comment

Working...
                                X