America exporting it's fat treats to London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America exporting it's fat treats to London

All you foreigners thought having McDonalds and Starbucks in your town was bad, just wait till you get the latest fat food craze to open shop in your country. Yes, I'm talking food that has even more fat than a McDs meal, the food that has been described as "sugar, deep fat fried" which is not far off from the truth. I'm talking about the hugely popular Krispy Kreme glazed donut.

And they will not stop with just Europe, they're already in Australia and are looking to get stores in Asia as well.

You have been warned, Muwahahahaha!

Krispy Kreme's sweet on Britain
    badams

ugh.

BTW, are there Starbucks in Europe ? I've never stumbled on those here.... And I'm damn glad of it !
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Well according to the "store locator" at the Starbucks site, they now have stores in: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Canada, China, Germany, Greece, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and United Kingdom.

So the French are safe...for now.
      badams

Comment

It's all part of our master plan of world domination.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Krispy Kreme taste good but if you've had one then you've had them all. I can't stand how sweet they are.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

They're loaded with nasty transfats, I imagine.

Comment

Yes, there are bleeding Starbucks everywhere...how do they get away with charging such a stupid amount for a cup of coffee? But I have never come across one of these doughnut places yet...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, I didn't see any starbucks in Germany either, so I suggest they have some only in the biggest cities. Well, since German coffee is basically piss, the Germans can feel at home at Starbucks

I notice Starbucks isn't present in France not in Italy (nor in Brazil btw). These are countries where coffee means something, so I don't expect Starbucks to get attendance there anytime soon. However, maybe they'll open some shop in business centres for lazy businessmen who don't want to have any other coffee than the piss they drink at home.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  Yes, there are bleeding Starbucks everywhere...how do they get away with charging such a stupid amount for a cup of coffee? But I have never come across one of these doughnut places yet...
                  key word . . . . . YET

Comment

Krispy Kream suks (sugar cubes) and so does Starbucks (pricey dirty water)

I apologize to all Europeans who ever see one of these two places. This does not represent American culture at all... Now, if you see a Popeyes Chicken and Biscuit
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Fortunately I found Starbucks wherever I went in Britain. Bye bye afternoon tea!
                      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Yes, while some countries like China try to export their best product to others even at the expense of not having the best at home, we Americans like to export the worst food/trash our country has to offer.
                        badams

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          how do they get away with charging such a stupid amount for a cup of coffee?
                          Does Starbuck serve coffee ? I always thought it served hot water with black coloration ?

Comment

I used to like Krispy Kreme (would it kill them to spell their name right?), but I don't eat that kind of food much more.

And while the donut tastes real ****ing good while eating it, it has a sugary aftertaste

Comment

I was going to say muddy water, but just feared litigation from them
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X