X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No... the Internet's pretty big

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
      Well, being from The Netherlands, Starbuck won't stand a chance here. Here we have REAL coffeeshops...

Comment

am i the only one who noticed the irony that people are decrying Starbucks as an AMERICAN cultural export??? When they like, serve espresso??? Which 25 years ago you could hardly find in the states, outside of an Italian restaurant (and not quite universal there either) WE drank American coffee - good old maxwell house, dripped the old fashioned way, not this espresso-cappuchino- latte crap. And hell, lots of us just drank instant coffee.

Then came the espresso craze. Starting mainly in Seattle, San Fran, etc. And then somebody had the bloody brilliant idea to make a chain and go national. And now international.

Now maybe its not the best espresso there is. IIUC all the true coffee nuts look down on it, and prefer there own local barrista's brew. But id say its probably better than just about any coffee my parents ever drank. Or what you get served in an office anywhere in the old USA. Or in Britain, or Germany, I bet.

What the US does best is taking OTHER countries cultural products, and then standardizing them for the masses. And standardization means just that - it wont be the best, but it will be reliable.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
          No... the Internet's pretty big
          Like I said, including the net, your world must be pretty small.

I take it that whenever you take a vacation to another country you'll end up in one of those tourist ghetto's where they play the music you hear at home and where they serve the same food...

Well, whatever rocks your boat...
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

I've managed to avoid going to any other countries (except Canada, which doesn't count )

What's wrong with a small world, if it's a nice, warm, comfortable world?

Comment

I Krispy Kreme. I don't like muddy water though. I actually prefer tea, yes I am an American who likes tea.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                I've managed to avoid going to any other countries (except Canada, which doesn't count )

What's wrong with a small world, if it's a nice, warm, comfortable world?
                Nothing, as long as you are not one of those Americans that keep telling the rest of the world how they should live
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

Hueji and his countrymen:

There is a simple solution to the crappy food problem, dont eat it, and make sure attractive women you have influence over dont eat it. Thus all will be good!
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

The latest craze here is this,well, I'll just describe you the ad:

*The bell rings. A VERY BORED girl opens the door. The pizza guy gives her her pizza. She sees it and becomes EVEN MORE BORED. Then she brings it to her honeypie who says: Naahhh... AGAIN pizza? And he is looking VERY BORED TOO.

THEN! Mister Thanassis (a cartoon mascot for one of the biggest food companies here) steps in and says:

HEY! Aren't you bored of the same stuff every day???

Here you have:

Mousaka
                    Pastitsio
                    Gemista
                    Kolokithakia
                    (etc etc etc)

All precooked and ready to eat with JUST 1 minute heating in your microwave!!!!

*Then the girl and the guy go AAAAALL HAPPY!!!!!!!!!* and say "yeah!"

So there you have it. Fast food precooked traditional recipees

Now of course that girl could have COOKED something! To the kitchen!

Comment

(no question about the guy of course. He should just drink scotch and watch TV untill his girlfriend brings him the food

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                        The latest craze here is this,well, I'll just describe you the ad:

*The bell rings. A VERY BORED girl opens the door. The pizza guy gives her her pizza. She sees it and becomes EVEN MORE BORED. Then she brings it to her honeypie who says: Naahhh... AGAIN pizza? And he is looking VERY BORED TOO.

THEN! Mister Thanassis (a cartoon mascot for one of the biggest food companies here) steps in and says:

HEY! Aren't you bored of the same stuff every day???

Here you have:

Mousaka
                        Pastitsio
                        Gemista
                        Kolokithakia
                        (etc etc etc)

All precooked and ready to eat with JUST 1 minute heating in your microwave!!!!

*Then the girl and the guy go AAAAALL HAPPY!!!!!!!!!* and say "yeah!"

So there you have it. Fast food precooked traditional recipees

Now of course that girl could have COOKED something! To the kitchen!
                        hey paktis, youre getting me hungry. Time to drive up to Baltimore and visit Greektown

God bless America!
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

What's wrong with pizza?

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                            (no question about the guy of course. He should just drink scotch and watch TV untill his girlfriend brings him the food
                            Goodbye political correctness!
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Nothing's wrong with pizza or souvlaki or pitta or gyros. But I guess if it's like everyday people get fed up with them.

Comment

Wanna try me

Comment

Working...
                                X