America exporting it's fat treats to London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin
    Krispy Kreme taste good but if you've had one then you've had them all. I can't stand how sweet they are.
    Dunkin Donuts are better. Krispy Kreme taste like air.

Comment

With a name like Krispy Kreme, this is destined to completely and utterly fail.

Comment

First they invaded the Northeast, and now they're off across the pond, eh? BEWARE THE LATEST TOOL OF AMERICAN CULTURAL IMPERIALISM! If we can't beat you, we'll make you fat like us!

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
          BEWARE THE LATEST TOOL OF AMERICAN CULTURAL IMPERIALISM!
          Dang, you've beaten me to it
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I don't get why so many people like Krispy Kreme. For one, the doughnuts are smal. Second, their not "fluffy". Third, they add waaaay too much sugar. Fourth, their expensive. Fifth, theyre small

I just don't get it. I prefer the doughnuts from my local Maceys.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
              Fortunately I found Starbucks wherever I went in Britain. Bye bye afternoon tea!
              I never understood this. Why travel some where and eat exactly what you could have eatten if you stayed at home? I mean when I was in Thailand all the other Americans were always going to KFC and Burger King while I made a point of always going out and eating at the same places the locals eat at.

You trip will be more memorable and you will learn much more about the country.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

That's the thing... I don't find other cultures very enjoyable. I like my nice, comfortable Western (and specifically American) civilization. For me, the best vacation is staying at home, playing computer, and surfing 'Poly not visiting some place to look at history stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                  That's the thing... I don't find other cultures very enjoyable. I like my nice, comfortable Western (and specifically American) civilization. For me, the best vacation is staying at home, playing computer, and surfing 'Poly not visiting some place to look at history stuff.
                  That is really quite sad...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It's ridiculous there aren't any in Scandinavia as nobody drinks more coffee than the Danes and the Swedes. But I guess it's a matter of time...

Comment

How so?

EDIT: re Provost Harrison

Comment

Well, when I go somewhere else, I do it to escape the routine, to do something different. I'd like to sample other cultures, do other things...just because you or I are accustomed to certain things doesn't make them superior...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I don't even like eating american food (all the time) in america

I have to have variety

JOn Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            Well, when I go somewhere else, I do it to escape the routine, to do something different. I'd like to sample other cultures, do other things...just because you or I are accustomed to certain things doesn't make them superior...
                            The difference is I like the routine. I don't think things are good because they're different, I think they're good because they make me happy. Thus, sitting at home, eating PB&J and bagels, and surfing 'Poly.

Comment

Well, being from The Netherlands, Starbuck won't stand a chance here. Here we have REAL coffeeshops...
                              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                              And notifying the next of kin
                              Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker

The difference is I like the routine. I don't think things are good because they're different, I think they're good because they make me happy. Thus, sitting at home, eating PB&J and bagels, and surfing 'Poly.
                                You must live in a real small world
                                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                                And notifying the next of kin
                                Once again...

Comment

Working...
                                X