This ought to piss off the lefties.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HershOstropoler
    Well, we always have the yanks to look down upon.
    No, you don't. You've never been here muthafukka. I on the other hand have eaten mozartkugeln like crazy.

Comment

• I'm guessing GP's been hitting the bottle...
      Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

• Is Dom dom, the same as Dom Pedro?

And give me the scoop on your travel to the meet. Did you come down from exitland? Thought you were a Bal'morean...

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin
          Facism is Radical RIGHT. Reactionary Righties are Monarchists.

Oligarchies can either be Reationary Left (USSR) or Reactionary Right.
          By definition reactionaries can only be rightists and radicals can only be leftists. It's just the terminology convention which political scientists use. You will find that every science has very process meanings for words, which lay people often misuse or use in a less process manner. In my own field of geology commonly used words such as "tight", "fine", "cobble", or "gradual" have EXTREMELY precise and well defined meanings. You have to do that so that everyone knows what you're talking about when you say it is a tight syncline in which the bedding gradually grades from cobble sized conglomerates to fine grained sandstone. When you look it up in a geology dictionary I have just described a formation down to the millimeter size of the clasts and how many meters it takes to grade from one clast size to the next.

BTW Oligarchies are an organizational and not a political relationship. Meaning that organizational structure can be utilized by anyone of just about any political persuasion.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• blalbalba

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
              But if you define rightist as being conservative or reactionary, then Fascism is not that...
              READ THE DEFINITION! Conservative isn't just what you hear Rush Limbaugh jabber about. In PoliSci left & Right deals with the rate and extent of changes to the social order. Conservatives, in PoliSci, means someone who seeks minor changes to the existing social order. That's it. It doesn't mean the Republican Presidential ticket.

We are looking at things mainly as how fast changes should occur and how great a change should occur. This is how the Political Scientist defines the spectrum. The specifics such as what changes a political party advicates isn't dealt with.

Comment

• goo goo goo

Comment

• Yeah, I live in New Jersey... I've learned here for years.

I took Amtrak down to Washington... it was an alright trip. Some jack ass got thrown off the train though in Trenton because he refused to pay for his child's ticket... the kid was talking, walking around and stuff, and he tried to play it off as though the kid were under 1 years old!

Anyway, I took the Metro from Union Station to Dupont Circle, paced around for about ten minutes trying to figure out where the hell 18th street was until I asked a hot dog vendor, and the answer was given to me by a Bible salesman.. hehe.

I ended up waiting from 12:30 till after 1 for KH and Milla.

And I took the train from the Baltimore Penn station on the way back... Shi dropped me off there after we hung out at KH's pad for a while. Jesus, the pizza sucked ass.

NYC pizza is vastly superior.

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

• Oerdin - I'm aware of that, but you yourself said that Fascism is as far right as you can get, which by the explanation you laid out would put them in the category of Reactionary.

Unless you meant that the conventional placement of Fascism is in the far right...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
                      Oerdin - I'm aware of that, but you yourself said that Fascism is as far right as you can get, which by the explanation you laid out would put them in the category of Reactionary.

Unless you meant that the conventional placement of Fascism is in the far right...
                      Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry about mincing words and not being more clear on the matter.

Comment

• a reactionary is someone reacting to the current situation

so if the current situation is liberal, a reactionary could vbe conservative but doesn't have to be

I ahve had pizza that was so much worse than that, that it wouldn't even be on the same chart

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• You see! Even when we get a set of definitions, we still get confused!

Politics is not the realm for human beings...

Comment

• In complete seriousness, give me your evaluation of Digiorno's

Comment

• He's right and you're right. The soul definition of a reactionary is that they wish to return to a previous social order thus if someone in Russia wanted to return to Soviet Communism then they'd be a reactionary even though they are advicating a leftist idea.

Comment

• You should see Brazilian pizza... I don't even know if I should classify it as "bad" or "pizza".

They don't even have any friggin' sauce or cheese! And they put stuff like bananas and carmel on it.... they have these all you can eat pizza places and they just keep coming around with pies... and you can almost get like separate portions of a meal out of it.

Sea food for the appetizer, chicken or beef (or veggies for Jon) as the main course, and like bananas or cinnamon for dessert. I mean, it's hardly pizza... its more like bread with shhh-stuff on it.

Not a surprise in a country where ketchup = tomato sauce.

Comment

Working...
                                X