No announcement yet.

JohnT in Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're forgetting Monday as an option, but at the moment I have no preference, and will continue having no preference until I know what's going on at the Con.
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Well since John is leaving at noon on Monday, and I don't feel like getting up at the asscrack of dawn, I'm not .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Hmmm, just thinking that Friday is possible if I don't work Thursday night. That can be arranged with a little whining and such. I could get there early, but I'd still have to leave before 8 pm to be at work by 11.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

OK, can we all meet Friday? Answer individually, and if so, what is the more convenient time?

I would prefer to meet at 5:00pm (or so), if possible. Sophie naps until 2:00pm, but has gone w/o before.

Comment

Yes, Friday is fine. I'm good ALL day.

5:00 PM is definetly fine for me.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Galis is a dork. Lose him.

Comment

Don't have to tell me twice, TCO .

Comment

Yeah, don't mind me, I have multiple meetings with people from online boards to attend to, as well as real life friends that I rarely see. Besides, everyone knows that the cool Apolytoner meets happen in London.
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

Well, if Victor doesn't come to the meeting ( ), we can always meet at Dragon Con.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      I'm good ALL day.

And your ex-girlfriend thought she had to leave you.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

1700 sounds good. Of course, I have no idea how to get anywhere. I s'pose there a subway station on the SE near I-20 where I could park and avoid the traffic?
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

sorry, was out busy for a while... what friday at what time and where?
                          B♭3

Comment

We are going to meet at the downtown Varsity at 5:00 pm, next Friday, August 29th. If you're a true connessuer (sp) you'll use the Lingo and be able to spout off lines like "I'd like two Glorified Steaks with cheese, all the way, a small order of strings, and a Coke" w/o even thinking about it.

Agreed? Say aye. Any problems, speak now.

Stray, if you are driving, I would just drive to the Varsity and park there. No need to dump your car at some bus stop or something - the Varsity is right off the highway (Interstate 75/85, about 2 miles north of I-20), and hell, this is Atlanta a city notoriously unfriendly to public transportation: you NEED your car.

Luckily for you, you will be headed in town on the Friday before Labor Day, so traffic should be pretty light - I remember reading some survey a number of years ago that said that 15% of people who work in the Atlanta area made Labor Day a 4 day weekend. You might have a little trouble once you get in the heart of the city, especially north on 85, but not too much.

Here is the Mapquest link for the Varsity. You would get off at exit 249D, btw.

Comment

lol. i won't need a ride, i'll just hop on marta and get off on the north avenue station. it works out, mostly because my second job at morehouse is awfully close to the west end station.

it's actually been quite a long time since i've been to the varsity (since we moved out to the burbs, i don't think we've gone...and so the last time would have been when i was what, 7? 8? over 10 years ago, so mum always did the ordering.)

i'll write a note about it.
                              B♭3

Comment

Sorry, that bit about driving was aimed towards Staybow - he's driving in from SC, iirc.

Comment

Working...
                                X