No announcement yet.

Confess! Who here drives an SUV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I drive a Ford Contour. Driving down the road with all of the pickup trucks and SUVs it feels kind of like being a female dachsund in heat being surrounded by a bunch of male Great Danes.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• lol your right. My bad. Not cheaper! Defin NOT!

Comment

• or how about a Miata?

Comment

• I bought my wife an SUV - an Isuzu Rodeo.

It's great with the baby - Sophie likes looking outside at all the trees and stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by faded glory
            is that what that? Do people hit them that often?
            We have a lot of kangaroos around here. There's a mob of about 100 living on the hill above my house and a couple of local roads I won't use at night as a result.

I hit one around Christmas, have near misses regularly. The damn thing missed the bar and hit the side of the car, nearly jumped straight into the driver's window. It bounced away and hopped off into the bush. Probably died there but hopefully not.

A kangaroo will easily wreck a car. Its a major accident. An Eastern Grey kangaroo, the most common in woodland areas, is about the size of a deer. They have no road sense whatsoever. I'm glad I have the grill on the SUV, or "bar" as we call it here.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• I heard that sports cars such as the NSX are no good in places where it snows, as it cars are too low to the ground.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT
                It's great with the baby - Sophie likes looking outside at all the trees and stuff.
                Don't American regular cars come with windows included ?
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Don't American regular cars come with windows included ?

Yeah... but I'm not sure we have any X-ray vision to see through the cars next to us .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Yeah... but I'm not sure we have any X-ray vision to see through the cars next to us .
                    Tsk. You're sooo backwards
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Well JohnT and I do live in the South US
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• But cars are generally more advanced down there. Isn't car racing huge in the South?
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                          An SUV with a big kangaroo bar in front is even better
                          I'm walking home from the theater last night (I highly recommend "American Splendor" BTW), and as I am crossing Ave. A, I almost get run over by a **** in a giant SUV. Nevermind that I had a walk sign.

But this is the part that gets me. This numbnuts had a cow plow on the front of his SUV. A cow plow!? What, is there a problem with loose cattle on Ave. A? Is he afraid that a bull is going to charge at him from the park? A bar low enough to move cats might have made sense, but a cow plow in Manhattan?

This guy could have saved tens of thousands by just buying those penis enlargement things advertised in the spam.
                          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

• And I almost got hit by an idiot with a ricer Honda Civic, sporting a useless double-wing spoiler. All Civics should be banned!

Comment

• Originally posted by faded glory
                              or how about a Miata?
                              A Miata might be good but it has a reputation as a bit of a girly car. I'd prefer something more masculine like a S2000 or a Boxster. Maybe a MR2 Spyder?
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                                A kangaroo will easily wreck a car. Its a major accident. An Eastern Grey kangaroo, the most common in woodland areas, is about the size of a deer. They have no road sense whatsoever. I'm glad I have the grill on the SUV, or "bar" as we call it here.
                                We call it a cattle guard or a deer guard here in the states. It serves the same purpose except it won't save your car from getting totaled if you hit a 1200lb USDA Choice while going 65 mph but it may save your life.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X