X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suburbs r gay

they all look the same

city has culture and excitement
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• As Adam Smith has posted many times, to accound for 'environmental damage' of cars, it would only amount to about a .50 per gallon charge. There is no way that would price cars out of the range most Americans would be willing to pay.

I haven't seen his figures, but I can tell you he is underestimating. He cannot have included the cost of increased asthema in urban areas, contribution to global warming via CO2 emissions, and noise pollution caused by interstates in wilderness areas.

But hey, source those figures and I'll check into them.
      Don't forget to add things such as the invasion of Iraq, the military presence in the Middle East and resulting terrorism...
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
        SUVs sell like hotcakes in Los Angeles, which (1) is the 2nd largest city in the USA (2) never has snow (3) hardly ever has rain either and (4) has the worst air quality in the country.
        Houston has the worst air quality in the country. LA has been steadily improving for the last 40 years.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• delete

Comment

• The American Lung Association's State of the Air 2002 report lists the Los Angeles metro area as the most heavily ozone-polluted metropolitan area in the country, followed by Bakersfield, Fresno and Visalia-Tulare-Porterville, Calif. The Houston-Galveston area ranks fifth among the worst 25 metro areas

Comment

• I hate SUVs. Period.

Before 9/11 I was hoping some bio-terrorist group would start randomly assaulting SUVs along major highways in some kind of guerilla war and scare the soccer moms out of driving them.

But this that fateful day, I've amended that desire and have just settled for yelling obscenities out the window when some frosty-haired ass in a expedition daddy bought him decides he can cut me off without a problem.
              Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

• That study just deals with ozone. Let's see one with total particulate matter.

Comment

• Before 9/11 I was hoping some bio-terrorist group would start randomly assaulting SUVs along major highways in some kind of guerilla war and scare the soccer moms out of driving them.
                  Seek help. Now.

That study just deals with ozone. Let's see one with total particulate matter.
                  I will not seek after information that could or could not contradict the information previously posted, that supports me.

Comment

• I don't have $100 000.. SUVs are kind of expensive here.
                    and when it would cost in gas more than 4 euros per gallon.. nah. Not really much use here either, even with winter conditions. As we always have it, our roads and usually in relatively excellent condition.

Only reason I'd buy SUV is that I can afford it and lived in the US in area where I need the power of the car.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Why can't we all just accept the fact that, yes, there are people driving SUVs who don't need them, but there are also people who DO need an SUV. Either way, you don't decide what other are allowed to buy. Despite what you may think.

Comment

• My uncle, in the typical Brazilian endeavor to become more American, decided to buy an SUV. He drove it for one week. Now, its decoration in his driveway. He said he couldn't stand how much money he was spending on gas (and he's got a mansion on the beach).

In a country where the best I've ever seen the gas is $1.29 per liter, its understandable.

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

• I ride trains and subways. I somehow intend to learn for my driver's licence in October, but I have no need for now. Edit: and I've lived in Suburbian areas my whole life.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Why can't we all just accept the fact that, yes, there are people driving SUVs who don't need them, but there are also people who DO need an SUV. Either way, you don't decide what other are allowed to buy. Despite what you may think.
                            Well, SUVs have moved far outside the realm of utility these days... I mean, there's hardly anything utilitarian about the newer luxury SUVs coming out. If somebody needs the cargo space and 4X4 power, then fine.... I know, there are people who do just like there are people who need tractors and pick up trucks and such...

But in the burbs, SUVs are not only wasteful, they're also dangerous. SUV drivers are dangerous drivers... they think they own the road, the power goes to their heads... and I'm hardly the only person who thinks so.

Comment

• Dom Pedro, is the gas in Brazil that you buy ethanol or petro?
                              Visit First Cultural Industries
                              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• But in the burbs, SUVs are not only wasteful, they're also dangerous. SUV drivers are dangerous drivers... they think they own the road, the power goes to their heads... and I'm hardly the only person who thinks so.

So because you THINK they are dangerous means they are? . You know many people think women drivers are dangerous... I guess we should start a drive to outlaw them .
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X