Excellent
    30.30%
    Good
    30.30%
    Fair
    18.18%
    Poor
    9.09%
    The KGB put a listening device in my listening device!
    12.12%
    Banana
    0.00%
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Excellent thanks.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

bump

Mine is very bad. It's difficult because I'm always asking people to repeat what they say, and if there is any loud background noise, possibly more than once. It's why I like the internet so much, there's no hearing to do.

Comment

i would have to rate it as 'fair.' oftentimes if my attetion is not focused on listening i don't understand what's being said. especially when there's a lot of noise in the background. i can't answer the phone in the kitchen at work because of it. my loss is an annoyance at best, and problematic at worst.
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

When I was 20 ish I know that it was well beyond the range of normal humans (at the higher freq's). After a further 20ish years of loud music its probably less good, but I can still hear high pitch tones that other people around me cant.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Progredient and hereditary Defect of the inner Ear.

Therefore my hearing grows slowly but steadily worse. As I was a Child, i.e. til the age of maybe 10 or 11 it was no great Problem, btu then it was worse enough, so I had to decide to get Hearing Aids. And it has declined further.

But hey, as long as there isn´t a crowd of people talkign around me, I have no Problems to understand the people I am talking to. And in a Discotheque I am even better off than people with a normal hearing, cos if I put out the devices I have less Problems to understand people at Locations where there is a lot of noise (like the Background music in Discotheques), obviously because my worse hearing prevents my Brain to be overloaded with too much Audioinformations in such an environment and so I am better able to concentrate on the words the person I am talking to says (whereas his/her Brain has Difficulties because of too much Informations to be processed).
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Huh what........I am like everyone else if someone has something interesting to say it is excellent.........If it is not too interesting then I would have to say poor.........It is Selective........(reminds me of a friends dad who had a hearing aid & when his wife was giving him an earful he just turned it off) I do believe Moms have the best hearing

Comment

It's why I like the internet so much, there's no hearing to do.

I echo this sentiment.

Therefore my hearing grows slowly but steadily worse. As I was a Child, i.e. til the age of maybe 10 or 11 it was no great Problem, btu then it was worse enough, so I had to decide to get Hearing Aids. And it has declined further.
                Interesting. I have a similar hereditary degenerative hearing impairment. At this point I'm profoundly hearing impaired, and wear hearing aids except for when I swim.

I have less Problems to understand people at Locations where there is a lot of noise
                Proteus, can you speechread? I find this incredibly handy in any noisy environment, because I will understand you, even when other hearing people cannot.

What do you think about sign language? Would you ever want to learn?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

My hearing is kinda strange... I listens to the radio at ultra low volume, when passing by some people* (who talks ) I have mostly no problems hearing what they're saying... but when I talk directly with someone, I often have problems hearing what they say, which causes me to say "repeat please" several times each dialog... pretty annoying...

* When passing by, I normally don't try to listen to what they're saying... for some reason I just hear it anyway...
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

despite plowing my ear-drums several times I still have excellent hearing... though it is selective
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18

Proteus, can you speechread? I find this incredibly handy in any noisy environment, because I will understand you, even when other hearing people cannot.

What do you think about sign language? Would you ever want to learn?
                      About speechread.
                      No, it may be that I´ve learned it a bit without knowing it, but normally I don´t deliberate try to speechread. But it may be, that I subconsciously do it.

As for Sign Language:
                      Nope, I don´t have any knowledge about it. Judging from the decline of my hearing abilities I hope, that I can get along with Hearing Aids for a long time and maybe even have someday the chance to get my Inner Ear replaced (from the rate of development of medical technologies I think that it may be possible in 10 years).

As for now my hearing abilities are still within the Range that I can understand people if they talk loud to me, and I often for example talk to my mother without Hearing Aids and I also watch TV via Headphones and without Hearing Aids so I think there are still people who are worse off.

So I think I would never have to be dependend on Sign Language for Communication. Maybe I´ll still learn it someday if I have enough time, as it is a useful tool and you could always happen to meet people, who are absolutely dependend on it, but to date I never had the time to learn it.
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

what?

Comment

I echo this sentiment.
                          Did you even realise you were giving me a pun?

Proteus--very optomistic.

Comment

Last time I got it checked, it was pretty fair. I was at the outer edge of normal at a couple of frequencies, but well within for most of them, though I did not rate perfect at any frequency. I'm not entirely sure how reliable those results were though, because I was extremely nervous about the test.

For the most part, I think the bigger part of my hearing problems are attention related. Unless I'm expecting you to say something, I'm not going to hear and/or understand you.
                            "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                            "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

in the navy we took hearing tests on supposedly sound proof booths.

But when you have F-14's and F-18's taking off, it can be quite loud. Actually the noisy part was when the cataupult hits the water brake. You feel it throughout the whole ship. Including the sound proof booth.

Also a problem I have in those tests is I hear my own heart beating and blood pumping through my veins. It's quite distracting

Comment

Working...
                              X