Getting back at spammers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back at spammers

I just got an e-mail from one of those Nigerian con artist guys.

From now on, any pop-ups I see that request my e-mail address for something that is undeniably spam will not go empty. They will start sending e-mails to (moderators: is it okay if I post his email address?)

Anyone have any other ideas for getting back at spammers and their brethren?
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

create a spam program and run it

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

No... DON'T Post somebodies email address... even if they are pond scum. This site doesn't encourage or support that kind of activity.

What you do in you own time is a different matter
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

To be honest my days are not too busy that I can't I read them, they make me laugh when I think of the 0.0001% of people who do actually send money and then complain they've been the victim of a 'cunning internet plot' that a backward five year old could see through!

Comment

Sometimes I save some of the more amusing ones. Certainly the "enarge your **** four inches in a day" ones get toasted, but the pyramid scheme ones are good for rainy days.

Comment

I would support this. Let spam eat spam.

If I could get a list, I would spam for spammers to spam spammers.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

And spammed away!

I've certainly at the least given him enough to make him think twice before sending any more spam.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

the problem with that is that sometimes they take other people's real addresses and use those.

i can't tell you how many times my yahoo account has had "mail undeliverable" messages advertising body enlargements and herbal viagara... things which i naturally don't sell.
                B♭3

Comment

Re: Getting back at spammers

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                  I just got an e-mail from one of those Nigerian con artist guys.

From now on, any pop-ups I see that request my e-mail address for something that is undeniably spam will not go empty. They will start sending e-mails to (moderators: is it okay if I post his email address?)

Anyone have any other ideas for getting back at spammers and their brethren?
                  hi ,

there are some intresting "mirrors" , they reflect and bounce off again a certain message , .....

but some go a bit toooo far ( dns attack ) , ......

just dont respond at all and get a good program like zonealarm pro 4 or so , .....

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

a guy on another forum that i post on had a long correspondence with one of the nigerian scam artists. i think there were about ten emails on each side stringing them along.

eventually the nigerian was asking for his passport etc, so this guy scanned a fake passport with a picture of a wombat on it and then had a lengthy conversation about his terrible effliction, ie looking very hairy and slightly like a wombat with the scammer. He eventually said he was insulted that the scammer didn't think that it was his real passport and that if the scammer wanted his help the scammer would have to give him a sign of faith, ie deposit money into his bank account.

i'll see if i can find the thread because its very funny and worth a read.
                    Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

check this out

http://forum.ski.com.au/scripts/ulti...3;t=000013;p=1;

starts slowly but gets better.
                      Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

ROFL...

Classic

Comment

"Honorable Wombat Marsupial."

An internet legend is born.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Makeo
                            a guy on another forum that i post on had a long correspondence with one of the nigerian scam artists. i think there were about ten emails on each side stringing them along.
                            I once read about one who also played along, but with his passport he used both name and picture of a person from star wars (or was it star treck?), and the other guy didn't notice
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

There is no end to it.
                              Attached Files
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X