Asher, you have any information on G5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agathon

Why did you post that quote then. I spent ages arguing that real world performance with commonly used apps is what matters. That's all I'm agreeing with (similarly almost every writer on the topic agreed with me).

Anyway, why bother starting another flame war.
    Gotta quote everything, even if it is an opinion.

But what it boils down to, is the PC is faster than the Mac. That is the point that has to be made. Even with the G5, Apple's market share will continue to dwindle.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Rebels choose Apple. Sycophants choose PC.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

In speed, yes, but in ease of use, I always get much more done, faster, on my mac. It just fits my style. I find it immensely intuitive and user-friendly. I just don't like using PCs as much.
        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
        Drake Tungsten
        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
        Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
          Rebels choose Apple. Sycophants choose PC.
          I have a much more general set of definitions:

People who know what they are doing choose Unix / *nix
          People who don't know what they are doing choose something else

This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Idiots choose computers.

Intelligentsia use an abacus to connect to the internet.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
              In speed, yes, but in ease of use, I always get much more done, faster, on my mac. It just fits my style. I find it immensely intuitive and user-friendly. I just don't like using PCs as much.
              You fallen for Apples propaganda machine. PCs are much better in all factors. The only that Apple does right is its graphics, but even now there is evidence they overstate their performance. And they belong in a fourth grade classroom, not in my room.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Drake: That Apple interview isn't the "other side of the story" -- it's the exact same one on their website.

Why wouldn't Apple's viewpoint be considered "the other side of the story"? I don't understand.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

"You fallen for Apples propaganda machine. PCs are much better in all factors."

Are you insane? I've said that I use both macs and pcs, and find that I, personally, I'm not saying everyone here, just me, work better on macs. Are you saying that I would actually enjoy myself more on a PC, despite the fact that whenever I am on one, I can only think about how cuddly women are and how much I would rather be on a mac???

For someone who's gay, you seem to be hypocritically against someone's right to personal preference.
                  Drake Tungsten
                  Albert Speer

Comment

Are you insane? I've said that I use both macs and pcs, and find that I, personally, I'm not saying everyone here, just me, work better on macs. Are you saying that I would actually enjoy myself more on a PC, despite the fact that whenever I am on one, I can only think about how cuddly women are and how much I would rather be on a mac???
                    I don't care what you do. And I don't care what you use. I am just saying PC is better. But it is up to you. PCs are better. But if you say Macs are better you are mistaken but then again it is up to you for what machine you'll use. I personally think you are making a mistake.

For someone who's gay, you seem to be hypocritically against someone's right to personal preference.
                    That is totally irrelevant, and by the way being gay is NOT a personal preference. You think I would want to be this way considering the crap I get from some people?

Comment

You think I would want to be this way considering the inane crap I get from you?
                      Drake Tungsten
                      Albert Speer

Comment

You think I would want to be this way considering the inane crap I get from you?
                        Actually I am not the one giving you most of the crap about Apple. That is what Asher does.

Comment

Oh please!!! You're telling me I'm making a mistake by thinking that I work better on macs than on pcs! Are you saying that by throwing a little less **** on my than him, you're less guilty?
                          Drake Tungsten
                          Albert Speer

Comment

U R ALL GAY *****

Thank you. This public service message has been brought to you by the HARDMAN.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh please!!! You're telling me I'm making a mistake by thinking that I work better on macs than on pcs! Are you saying that by throwing a little less **** on my than him, you're less guilty?
                              All I am saying is PCs are better.

Comment

U R ALL GAY *****

KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X