iPods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPods

I need some help from you all that know something.

I have an mp3 and i could just buy a new card with alot of memory or just save a bit more and get an iPod for 300 bucks. What should I do? What are the pros and cons of iPods?
    I just don't know anymore.

What is an iPod?
    Blah

Comment

a macintosh mp3 player
      I just don't know anymore.

Comment

Pros:
        Lotso music
        Looks cooler than generic MP3
        Good, solid reputation

Cons:
        TOO FRICKIN' EXPENSIVE!!11!11!:
        cIV list: cheats
        Now watch this drive!

Comment

As MattH said, if you can afford one, then there are no 'cons'

Comment

The only con is the price. I have one of the 5 GB ipods and I have had NO problems with it - I highly reccomend them. Save a bit more and get it, if you ask me.

They're also made for PCs too, now.
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

I'm sure Asher will come along with a lengthy list of "cons" any minute now.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I could have sworn Asher said he actually had an iPod... ...a similar thread was done on this subject some months ago and I'm almost certain Asher participated sans anti-Crapple comments. I could be wrong, though... (EDIT#2: Asher corrected me: he has a Nomad Zen, not an iPod.)

Anyway, a PC-compatible version is coming out later this year. (EDIT: Never mind, seems to already be available. Guess the person who wrote the article I read a few days ago didn't both to check their facts) If I get my finances worked out I'll probably consider getting a new mp3 player. I've had 2 already...and they both broke. For lack of desire to fly into a fit of rage again over them, I'll just say they both sucked and shouldn't have been put to market. I've been eyeing the iPod ever since it came out, so the PC version looks like a contender to me.
                Last edited by DRoseDARs; July 21, 2003, 23:52.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I thought Windows-compatible versions were already out and had been for some time.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Well here at least one CON:

If you have a PC, make sure you have a Firewire connection. It doesn't work with USB... at least not yet.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah but that's also a pro - firewire is MUCH faster than USB
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

I have a Nomad Zen. It's like an iPod, only for cheaper and more features (and up to 60GB).

The con for it is it's bigger than the iPod.
                        A pro for its biggersize is it's far cheaper, and uses a standard laptop HD so you can upgrade it or replace it on whim.

It uses USB2, which is the same speed as FireWire. You can also buy a FireWire variation of it and use it to transfer tracks directly between two Nomads.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The Zen.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

*DRoseDARs adds Nomad: Zen to his list...*

I just hope that if/when I decide to purchase my 3rd mp3 player I don't get effed over again. I spent well in excess of $500 for the previous 2 players (comprised of both players, a memory pack for one, and couple of blank media cartridges for the other). Hopefully, the quality of the industry's manufacturing processes has improved over the last few years to make the products more durible than Bill O'Reilly being taken to task over his hipocracy.

Won't change my position of vehemently opposing Rio and Iomega players, though...
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

15GB iPod: $400.00
                              20GB Zen: $257.00

The choice is clear.

Comment

Working...
                              X