No announcement yet.

Commissioning of USS Ronald Reagan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dubya's shaping up to take the "worst president in the 20th century award" away from Ronny...
    does anyone else find this funny for all the wrong reasons? :/
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I agree, Cockney. Only a moron would think that W is a president in the 20th century.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

You admit that the Golden Age of the people of Russia came under soviet rule.

One of them, yeah! Although the rule of Peter the Great may have been greater. Of course the NEP was a Golden Age for Russia! Just the monarchical rule of Gustavus Adolpus was a Golden Age for Sweden... but you don't see anyone clamoring to go back to a totalitarian monarchy there .

I think the oil has done very little for the people of Saudi Arabia.

Imagine the country without oil altogether.... I think oil has done a lot for the people of that country. It funds their entire welfare system.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
          I agree, Cockney. Only a moron would think that W is a president in the 20th century.
          'lo sava'
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            You actually thought he was going to start WW3 or something, didn't you?

Did his job well. Nixon also tried the 'madman' strategy a few times to scare the Soviets.
            Nixon played the madman, which to me wasn't a good idea, but Reagan was just plain out of his mind. That's even scarier.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I bet we were brainwashed into hating that good Hitler chap too, eh?
              Grandpappy Bush did...

yeah I f*cked up on that one... I meant "since the beginning of the 20th Century"... sometimes I get so into my trolling, I don't catch mistakes like that.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think the oil has done very little for the people of Saudi Arabia.
                You see Kidicious, Imran believes success and quality of life should be judged how a few oppressive, elite live...
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

yeah I f*cked up on that one... I meant "since the beginning of the 20th Century"... sometimes I get so into my trolling, I don't catch mistakes like that.

Don't worry. You got your priorities right.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Don't worry. You got your priorities right.
                    I'd make a good politician... troll and spout rhetoric first... then worry about explaining things later.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      You admit that the Golden Age of the people of Russia came under soviet rule.

One of them, yeah! Although the rule of Peter the Great may have been greater. Of course the NEP was a Golden Age for Russia! Just the monarchical rule of Gustavus Adolpus was a Golden Age for Sweden... but you don't see anyone clamoring to go back to a totalitarian monarchy there .
                      I should've lured you deep enough, so that it would be harder for your to elegantly backtrack like this. dang.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                        I'd make a good politician... troll and spout rhetoric first... then worry about explaining things later.
                        Just like W.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

I should've lured you deep enough, so that it would be harder for your to elegantly backtrack like this. dang.

Many skills are learned in law school... such as how to counter-troll .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Personally I think there are no differences between Lawyers and trolls.

but that's probably of all the time I spend in apolyton around people like you.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij

As a matter of fact, yes. We heard all these fundies talking about how Armageddon was just up the road and since Reagan was very close to these guys and had the means to fulfill the profecy...

Sounds paranoid now butback then we were really scared...

Ever notice how every Republican president is "close to the fundies" according to these guys?
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk

Ever notice how every Republican president is "close to the fundies" according to these guys?
                                Reagan was. I don't know how much of it was pure rethorics but we were really scared. 500,000 people demonstrating against nuclear cruise missiles in the centre of The Hague in 1982 felt the same...
                                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                                And notifying the next of kin
                                Once again...

Comment

Working...
                                X