Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What job do you hold or are you trained to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a student majoring in PoliSci and probably minoring in history.

I'm trained to wash dishes, wait tables, cook corned beef and cabbage, operate a deli slicer, operate a forklift, act as an office administrative assistant and make sweet, sweet love.
    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

I am a retiree.

No special training required but some personal qualities can help, particularly the ability to do useless things (unlike women, men are generally quite good at that), such as playing games, visiting Apolyton …

The main drawback is the lack of promotion which makes the career lacking of lustre; yet, as a veteran I will get, when and if I reach 75, a fiscal allowance; but that does not reward my exemplary behaviour as a retiree. The main duty of a retiree is to spend his pension to the last Euro in order to boost the economy which is, for some unclear reason, the place my pension comes from, and I can assure you that this is done meticulously.

I am a member of a Union defending the interests of the retirees, and we claim two improvements: to be paid a year end bonus financed with the pensions not paid to those of us who died during the year, and that the left lane on the highways be strictly reserved to the retirees and their cars.
      Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT
        The left lane on the highways be strictly reserved to the retirees and their cars.
        Do people from your association only know the Strasbourg - Paris highway, or have they seen other highways as well ?
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

In a first step, we mean all the French highways, and later all European highways. You know, the non-retirees must be induced to spend less time travelling for fun and more time working for paying our pensions.
          Statistical anomaly.
          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Im a first year apprentice down a dying shipyard. Im doing an NVQ3 in marine steel engineering. But i dont like it so im leaving! I got a job interview tomorrow for an apprentice carpenter. Im sure that will be better as theres more demand for it.

Comment

As I am not trained for anything much I work as a Town Clerk. It is reasonably well paid and quite fun.

The main task is to persuade the politicians to extract more taxes from the local residents in order to improve the town. Apart from the essential task of paying my salary, this involves such activities as managing the grasscutting contract for the recreation areas, getting a skateboard park built so the kids don't skateboard all over town, running the cemetery to bury people who no longer pay taxes (we charge them to be buried though ) and complaining about what the City Council doesn't do for us.

I regard myself as a guardian of the core aspects of western civilisation.
              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV
                The main task is to persuade the politicians to extract more taxes from the local residents
                Boo! The tax man cometh!
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Re: Re: What job do you hold or are you trained to do?

Originally posted by JohnT

I am organizing a partial buyout of a telephone directory distribution company, whereupon we will undergo a re-org, replacing the current President (but still keeping him with the company - he knows it's time for a change, and he's kind of relieved about it). Either I or another partner will be made President, and I will be the largest shareholder. This agreement will be consumnated on September 1, 2003, one day past the expiration of the non-compete held against me by my parents.

Once we/I get this ship righted, we will likely conduct a buyout of the smaller players in the industry.
                  Respect, JohnT. Need IB advice?

I'm an investment banker. I help CEO's deal with their inferiority complexes and penis envy by buying them other companies so that the CEO runs a bigger company. They feel happy for a while, and then need more and bigger acquisitions . It's a self-pertetuating business. And since we charge % of the deal

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

I'm highly trained as a discount shoe salesman. I can say with a relative amount of certainty that women become savage beasts when they see, smell, or otherwise encounter shoes. Whereas men walk into the department, pick up a pair that's the right size, and buy it, women feel compelled to try on a minimum of fifteen pairs they have no intention of buying, followed by as many as twenty pairs they do want to buy. Then, they'll buy one they hadn't seen before, and leave all of the others scattered about the floor for me to clean up. (*****!)

I'm going to college next fall to study Broadcast Journalism.
                    Talent Optional

Comment

I do exotic dances for women.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Computer Programmer/ Network Administrator/ Engineer. I work for a small engineering company which is why I end up doing a wide variety of things.
                        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                          I am a Foreign Language Instructor (FLT).

I work with kindergarten, elementary, middle school, high school, and adult students.

I don't get paid much, but I do get a free appartment and the opportunity to see other countries.

I have a BA in His/Pol Sci.

I plan on returning for a MA and then doing whatever the hell I want. (landlord, travel, more English, law school, Judge Advocate General program, whatever).
                          Seeker, do you have any general teaching or FLT specific training? I'ev always thought teaching english would be a great way to explore the world some more.
                          Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

I'm qualified as a stock trader/stock broker. I've gotten the Series 7, 24, 55 etc. over the past five years. I left the financial industry last year and have gone to grad school studying political science. I miss my salary but I'm happy doing what I'm doing.

Comment

I currently work part-time at a pet daycare in Fargo, ND. CUTE dogs.

I am planning to go to the local state university and sudy Taxonomy and Biosystematics (which species is related to whom). Maby I will also do a minor in Biotech.

Comment

Working...
                              X