Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did the 'Lakota' become the 'Sioux'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sava:

to be fair, they killed plenty of American settlers and soldiers...
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

to be fair, they killed plenty of American settlers and soldiers...
      I'd slaughter people if they stole my land.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
        The United States massacred all of them and then forgot what their real name was.
        And this is different from every other war of conquest and settlement in History how?
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

And this is different from every other war of conquest and settlement in History how?
          Don't we call Nazis "evil" for doing the same thing?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I forget, Sava, are you pro-Palestinian?
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
              MtG:

why do i got a feeling that you didn't just copy and paste that but pulled that out of your memory? that would be pretty damn amazing if you knew that without looking it up.
              I used to do a fair amount of work for tribal utilities, including communications, internet, and general utility planning. Working with several Lakhota groups, I learned a fair bit of their language, and found it real helpful to make a point to learn more, so when you're in council and tribal government meetings, you can understand what's being said on the side.

I also speak a little Tsitsista (Cheyenne), Apache and Tohono O'Odham. (Papago, native to the southern Arizona desert west of Tucson. The Tohono O'Odham are probably descendants of the mysteriously disappeared Anasazi who left cliff dwellings and structures all over New Mexico and Arizona, and disappeared somewhere around 900 years ago.

I know more about the Lakhota also because of an early interest in the history of their warfare against the US.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I forget, Sava, are you pro-Palestinian?
                Yes.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I doubt it's because of that Sava - more likely because they lost.

Winners generally get seen as the good guys... even if they're just human beings, part good and part bad.
                  Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                  "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

The United States massacred all of them and then forgot what their real name was.
                    Actually, there's almost a hundred thousand of them, depending on if you count mixed-blood Lakhota-washichu types. I'm just counting offically registered as Lakhota.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Sava:

I don't know... I searched on apolyton with Sava as the user-name and Israel in the other field, and it seems that you seem to think of Palestinians as murderous thugs? have you changed? or am I mis-reading your posts?

Comment

I doubt it's because of that Sava - more likely because they lost.
                        Funny, I thought people thought Nazis were evil because they murdered millions of people...
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

We never had a trueblue "Final Solution".

I must commend you, however, for bringing up anything and everything that's bad with the country in every thread. Is there anything that has to do with America that you like?
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

have you changed? or am I mis-reading your posts?
                            You're equating Palestinian terrorists with innocent Palestinians... there's at least one of your "mistakes".
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

We never had a trueblue "Final Solution".
                              You're living in it bub. Not a damn "injun" around. God bless America, eh?
                              I must commend you, however, for bringing up anything and everything that's bad with the country in every thread. Is there anything that has to do with America that you like?
                              Sure, America taught me about things like Democracy, freedom, and equality. So well that I realized it was bullsh1tting me when it told me America stood for such things.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

So those Sioux warriors weren't justified in killing settlers...

funny, only a few minutes ago, after I said, "to be fair, they killed plenty of American settlers and soldiers...", you responded with, "I'd slaughter people if they stole my land." as if saying that they were justified...

Comment

Working...
                                X